Tried and Tried to Have JDB Removed

RSB

I have tried and tried, for several months, to get JDB to validate, verify, prove a debt is mine. I have asked all three credit bureaus to remove the JDB's report. They tell me JDB verified every time I dispute.

If the debt is mine(or my ex husband's) it can't be proven.(years 1999-2003?) We both once had a Providian, which was bought bought WaMu, and then bought by Chase. I sent a letter to Chase, who was reporting the old debt, to ask about verification/validation. Chase deleted the reports to the credit bureaus. They had no information on the old debt.

So, how do I get JDB to remove their reports to all the credit bureaus?

ITS

Send them an intent to sue letter. if Chase bugged off, the JDB will probably do the same after getting your ITS.

Who's the JDB? Have they violated State law? If so, send your ITS with a draft STATE COURT complaint, not even referencing FDCPA. State law gives harsher penalties. Also report them to our AG.

Actually I have two JDBs on my credit report.

The one I mentioned already reports the account with about $4000 added on to the balance, and reports the account as a factoring account.

The other JDB has aged the account, six months, and added $10,000 to the balance. They have never validated or verified. If this is/was an old Visa I once had, the OC only reported to one credit bureau, and it says the debt was canceled. Now, the OC has removed their report.

The JDB reports to only one credit bureau. If the debt is canceled, how can a JDB report it with an additional $10,000 added on? Plus, this JDB hasn't got a license in our state. I dispute with Equifax monthly, and the debt keeps getting verified.

Yes, both JDBs are violating the laws. I need to contact that law office once mentioned, here.

Thanks for your advice.

Edited by RSB

At the least, if this JDB "has knowledge" of your disputing, they must report the TL as disputed. Yes, they must be afforded a "reasonable" time to update properly. True, there is no set time, but, the accepted is anywhere from 30 to 60 days. Thus, if this has gone on for some time now, you have a violation.

At the same time, and for your info, if you presented the argument in court as to disputing and they only verified, without the notation, does show negligence on their part.

Remember, though the OC deleted, if this is a JDB, there is no relationship between the two. This would show as the OC account number would be different from the JDB. If all is legit, two TL's can be reported for the same claim. The only requirement is that the OC, if debt sold, must report as "sold or transferred" with a zero balance.

That is not the point. Even if the JDB has a claim the person did default on...If the JDB does not have PROOF AND POSSESSION of the claim...with proper and valid notice of assignment (something JDB's fail to do 100% of the time in my state)....JDB cannot report it in the manner its being reported.

After taking the advice here, except for the Ualbany18 troll, I would consider suing the JDB.

Maybe you can take Ualbany18's paycheck and go on vacation.

Edited by trueq

I reread my last post and see I did not respond properly to the whole of the initial question.

If this is two separate JDB's reporting the same account, only one can do so IF, and only IF, they own or are assigned the debt, the debt is within the 7 yr reporting period, as allowed by the FCRA, and, followed the law by notifying you in writing that they may, or did, report negative info. I say this as only one JDB has the account, not two. I must assume that the debt was resold to another. This would mean that the one with the earlier date most likely has sold the account and cannot legally report the claim, or, the two are affiliated. Either way, they cannot report twice on the same account.

If you know for a fact the claim is timebarred, you can, since your CR shows the JDB's info, send an ITS as recommended above. You would cite the proper sections of the FCRA and/or FDCPA, on any that apply, including your state, if one is present. Afford them 10 days from receipt of your ITS (proven by date on green card) to postmark to you that they have closed, deleted, and gone off to dine on Maggot Droppings. Failure will result in your naming them as a defendant in a civil action in a court of proper jurisdiction in your county. Include the filing of complaints with their AG, yours, FTC, and all other agencies.

The only requirement is that the OC, if debt sold, must report as "sold or transferred" with a zero balance.

I originally was just posting about JDB#1. Then, I came back and posted again, adding information about another JDB who was also reporting a different debt. This JDB#2 is reporting a debt that, if is mine, that the OC reported as a canceled debt. The JDB reports the debt being $10,000 more than the OC's balance. The OC has removed the debt from all credit bureaus, and the JDB#2 reports it to Equifax, and has re-aged it. JDB#2 has no license in my state.

JDB#1 reports a debt, that if is mine, is $4000, more than the OC's balance. They report it as a factoring company. The OC has no info on the debt and removed it from all three credit bureau reports.

Both debts are past sol.

Thanks for the replies and advice.

• 3 weeks later...

What worked for me is I found some recent FDCPA lawsuits in the pacer system (Online federal court records) and got a copy of the complaint.

Wrote the ITS to the collection agency, and wrote a note to the CA defense attorney as a 'courtesy' letter asking them to forward the (ITS) letter to the principal of the CA company as my letters were being ignore.

The owner called me within two hours of my fax and problem solved.