Removing an actual - 30 day

Viperman

I paid my 2 different mortgages late. 1 in Mar of 2008, and 1 in Apr 2008. They were actually paid late. I could of course accept the fact that they were late and live with that. Is there any way that I can get these removed.

I make good money now, but was turned down for a loan due to having these on my credit report.

My current credit score is like 690 on one and 710 on another.

Some lenders will automatically turn you down if you have a mortgage late within 24 months. What was it that you applied for? You should be ok with things like a car or a credit card, but other bank loans or business loans may be an issue. (especially if they are unsecured)

Really the only way to get it off is to call the lender and ask. This works better when you have only been late once and you can just ask them to do a courtesy deletion. Accept responsibility but state what happened. (i.e. I mailed the check and it got there late ) I would tend to doubt that the lender would do this with two lates, but it is worth a shot.

You can of course play the dispute game -- but since the late is so recent the records are going to be easy for the lender to verify. Has your account been sold or changed servicer's since the lates? If so, you have a much better shot at getting the lates removed.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 1-4 on goodwill letters. Depends a lot on who the lender is and how timely your payments are, even if they're not 30 days, if they're 15, 20 days late all the time chances are they won't do it. Not sure about mortgage co's, but in my experience, student loan lenders are very unwilling to do it. Cap One is also not very forgiving. I had one 30 day late 3.5 years ago, always paid before or on the due date since, and they still wouldn't remove it. Buttholes.