Max Months Payment Plan To CA?

Igor

The relevance is that is it is ouside SOL or you dont owe the money then it doesn't matter does it? No sane person would enter into an agreement to repay that which they do not owe. The answer to your question is that it is a matter for each of the many thousands of CA s to decide for themselves. There is no one size fits all answer.

Also, if it's a JDB you may not owe them anything at all....

If you don't wan't help here, why do you ask for it?

I asked questions directly related to your situation so that I could help you.

If you don't want my experience and help, fine....take your sarcasm somewhere else. Perhaps the folks at insidearm can help you.

Have a great day.

Let me answer the original question.

NEVER pay a CA.

If the debt is still owned by the OC, pay them. Most OCs have "hardship" programs that last 1-5 years.

If its been sold to a junk debt buyer (CAs don't buy debts. JDBs buy debts. OCs and JDBs hire CAs to hassle you. CAs have no power to speak for either the OC or JDB and you can't trust them to send the money to the debt owner.), don't pay them anything (IMHO) unless ordered to by a court.

• Like 1

Great explanation WTC I was wondering this exact thing. I'm trying to buy a home and I have a feeling that the underwriter may want the debt either paid or proof that a payment plan was entered into. I may not have to do even that.

OP,

I can understand how you would wonder what those questions have to do with your original question. When I sit and type a detailed question and the response is just a bunch of questions with no explanation, that would confuse me as well. Don't get discouraged, this is a GREAT site, with GREAT people who are willing to help. I probably wouldn't be building a house right now if it wasn't for most of them. Good Luck!

I am in total agreement that this site is very helpful and a valuable resource.

I called the OC and they stated on the phone they had sold the debt to Sherman/Resurgent Cap Services.

In mid June, I received a dunning letter from Leading Edge Recovery Solutions that listed LVNV Funding as the current creditor. According to Bud Hibbs, LNNV is aka Sherman Acquistions and aka Resurgent Capital Services.

In mid July, I received a dunning letter from Mercantile Adjustment Bureau that listed Resurgent Capital Services as the current creditor.

In mid August, I received a dunning letter from Law Office of Joe Pezzuto that listed CACHE, LLC as the current creditor.

I sent a debt validation (certified, return receipt) letter to Pezzuto, which they should have received today. All 3 dunning letters listed different amounts for the current balance. So I am not 100% sure who owns the debt at this point or who I should and shouldn't try to come up with a settlement or payment plan with.

It's a bit confusing.

Edited by Igor

8-)I was so ignorant and scare last year when I accepted a monthly payment with a law firm on three accounts. They got the apprehend on me. But I satellite for $10.00 for each account. The fourth account I start learning from this site, now I have new teeth to work with them, one month I send $10. the other zero, I want to see if they can push me, because I do have now under my arsenal fraudulent activity and a good case to peruse if I wash. So tell them what you want to pay, if they do not like it, they can go to hell.