Update to "Sued in PA" (and thanks newryman)

MacDebt8

So we filed our Preliminary Objections to a suit brought by Midland Funding and waited for their response or a dismissal.

(Initial thread: http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297015)

Yesterday we received a "Praecipe To Discontinue" with Midland's lawyer asking the Prothonotary to:

"Please mark the above-mentioned case as discontinued without prejudice."

From what I can gather, this asks the court to discontinue the procedure, but leave open the right to file at a later date.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is any course of action to stop this once and for all rather than just sit and wait and hope that it's not filed again. Or, is this common procedure to see if the CA can locate files.

If anyone has any advice or insight, it's much appreciated.

On another note, thanks once again, newryman. Regardless if it is filed again or not, we couldnt' have gotten this far without your initial advice and we are truly grateful.

Thanks,

MacDebt8

Congrats - It is always nice when people come back and tell us the outcome, so often they do not. :mrgreen:

You could ask for without prejudice (you probably did in your Prelims, so perhaps the Judge will kick it.)

But as it is Midland it is much more fun to wait for them to start again then sue THEM. ;)

Edit to add: I just had a look at the original thread. This is so far out of SOL it isn't true. As you are in PA sue them NOW for FDCPA and PA state violations. Send me a postcard from the vacation they pay for you to go on :p