Kentucky Summons

Rick9972

A friend just showed me a summons she was served and asked me what she should do.

From Capital One

Shows a dollar amount increaseing at 21% interest

Asks for default judgement

Asks for Attorney Fees

Twenty days to respond in writing from date of service or a default will be entered.

Attached to the back is Exhibit A. (a very generic Customer Agreement that has been copied so many times it is not readable.)

This is it! All the information provided.

How should she answer this summons?

(by the way she sayes that she owes a debt to Cap One but the amount asked for is alot higher)

Is it in magistrate court? If so look at local court website they will sometimes have the answer form posted online. Also she can call the co clerk office to see if they provide copies of answer form. The sticky with sample motions ect is a good start on how to form her answer. Working on mine now but I am im different state and court.

Hi, I received the same thing from Capital One. It's from Mapother & Mapother. I can't afford an attorney but I am trying to answer this complaint on my own. It seems to be taking me longer then expected. I also owe the debt to Capital One but not Mapother. So, should I deny the debt? With the article on Capital One I'm not sure if they are truly the plaintiff. I didn't sign anything with Mapother.

Thanks.

Hi, I received the same thing from Capital One. It's from Mapother & Mapother. I can't afford an attorney but I am trying to answer this complaint on my own. It seems to be taking me longer then expected. I also owe the debt to Capital One but not Mapother. So, should I deny the debt? With the article on Capital One I'm not sure if they are truly the plaintiff. I didn't sign anything with Mapother.

Thanks.

Mapother are attorneys that are representing Capital One.

Answer the suit. And do it on time!

Figure out who are the good consumer attorneys in your area. (hire them) If not hiring them. Search state web case search index for these attorney's cases.

Preferably where they beat credit cards. write down case #'s

Go down to your local courthouse and pull those files! Pull the court file and copy that answer. (Use as template of course) (copy discovery, motions, etc.)

If "the winning point" does not present itself after 30 or so cases into your research, get an attorney, or exercise the arbitration clause (that will stall the case or render debt attorney more "agreeable" to a large discounted settlement.)

Search through the lawyer forum. You will be surprised at the number of stories (just in last 3 weeks) where debt attorney is all huff and folds the minute you show up. (but not always)