does "charge off" mean they sold to a jdb?

debtmamma

It sounds like you're not sure if you're actually getting contacted by a JDB who has purchased your account, or a CA still working for the Original Creditor.

Now, any letter you've gotten should have been pretty clear about who owns the account.

If you're not sure, there are two options.

1. DV the person contacting you, and ask who owns the account.

2. Call the OC and ask if they still own the account.

DH

I seem to recall that the FCRA requires that a TL be updated to reflect that it's been sold/transferred. I could be mistaken though. Are you sure you're dealing with a JDB and not a CA? And are you sure that the JDB/CA bothering you is in regards to the same account that you mention being CO'ed?

I seem to recall that the FCRA requires that a TL be updated to reflect that it's been sold/transferred. I could be mistaken though. Are you sure you're dealing with a JDB and not a CA? And are you sure that the JDB/CA bothering you is in regards to the same account that you mention being CO'ed?

Upon DV'ing CA's I have received a letter from OC stating that the account is sold to Unifund. TDoes this also mean that the OC's TL should be removed/deleted or it should say transferred/sold.

It doesnt say or do anything like that on the OC's TL. Unfiund is not showing up on my CR just yet.