Arrow Financial listed as "loan type: Collection Agency Attorney"

ScrewedinWV

Ok, I DV'd a CA who said they were collecting for Arrow (long story). I had nothing sent back from either Arrow or their CA in DV for 32 days. I since pulled my TU Credit report a second time (for a different reason), but noticed the following:

AUGUST report:

Arrow Financial report

Loan type: Factoring Company Account

SEPTEMBER report:

Arrow Financial report

Loan type: Collection Agency Attorney (changed from factoring company)

What is going on here and is this a violation? It appears on the surface that since I DV'd they sent this acct to an attorney???? Isn't that considered "collection activity during DV"?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

No idea. But it is collection activity and they have not validated so I don't much care as I see it as the basis of a counterclaim if they want to sue. Where there is a counterclaim there is leverage. But beware the SOL clock is ticking for that counterclaim.

If they are unlikely to issue then you need to decide if you want to sue them or not.

It depends what you want to achieve as an outcome and the overall cost/benefit to you of doing so. :dunno:

History tends to suggest that those whose violate once do so on a regular and repetitive basis so why not place some rope on special offer and wait for them to buy enough it to hang themselves beyond resuscitation?