RJM Acquisitions Funding

BTO429

This is for a Lowes credit card.

I had this card in 2001 or 2002. I do not recall a balance.

It says they have purchased the debt.

I thought that on these letters they had to include a statement that says i have 30 to request validation, and if they don't it is a violation.

There is no statement to this any where on the bill.

I did find the clause about this is an attempt to collect a debt, please see the back of this letter for important information, on the back it is blank.

They offered me three payment options on the front side, nothing on the reverse side, its blank

Edited by BTO429

• 2 weeks later...

BTO-

These idiots and pretty easy to get rid of!

I faxed them a letter stating that they had violated something (can't remember what). I attached my NY Attorney General Complaint since they are in trouble with the AG's office for their collection activity. I sent the fax 2-3 times on two different days and the collection was gone off my reports in about 4 days. I have the fax number if you can't find it online.

• 3 weeks later...

Wtg!

had a run in with them too--- sent certified letters to all board members' homes. Account dropped like a hot potato!!

Samir m shah

manager

35 rodeo dr

syosset,ny 11719

neil matte

manager

35 rodeo dr

syosset,ny 11719

scott matte

manager

60 northgate dr

syosset,ny 11719

• 1 month later...
I had a couple of old bank accounts, that were actually mine, with these people. Sent them a PFD on both of them. They agreed, I paid, gone within 7 days of them receiving payment. 2 years later haven't heard another peep from them.

Did you ask them to change your status to Paid, No Lates, or did they just change it to Paid?

These clowns have something on my TU report that I've been trying to get rid of for about 6 months. I was successful in getting it off my EX and EQ reports but TU is proving to be more difficult. The account is still within the SOL so I've been treading lightly.

They do report the account as open and as a "factoring company account" both of which I've been told is illegal. I made a phone call to Transunion about this today so we'll see how far I get with it.