Collecton Attorney on old medical debt?

Raihana

I am not even sure I rememer this doctor and certainly don't rememer having an old doctor bill in the amount they are trying to collect. I received a notice from Buffaloe and Associates today RE: a Ph.d. It does have the standard disclaimer that"At this time, no attorne with this firm has personally reviewed the particular circumstances of your account."

Is my next step to ask them to verify the debt? If this is a doctor that we saw it would have had to been prior to our moving away from the area where the doctor was located in June of '04 and most likely from 2003 or prior so it may be outside the SOL. Also if it is not quite outside the SOL but close (as in if Oct or November of this year is the 6 year mark) then would they simply have to file by then?

I am still confused regarding the steps though so I figured I would ask the experts :smile:

Edited by Raihana

Wait a couple of weeks before you DV. Make sure you get it to them before the 30 days is up. That way by the time they do their own background check etc.. It will be closer to the SOL date.

Make sure you ask for everything to prove the debt is yours. Signed contract etc...

If you are not sure you even seen this Doctor ask for some proof of that too.

Good Luck.