Recieved Summons

As title states i recieved a summons. I recieved first letter that was dated 8/14/09, got this letter on 8/15 or 16. I mailed them a debt validation on 9/14 they signed for it on 9/15. Today i got a summons that was filed on 9/14. I intend on answering totally and going all the way on this. Once i got summons I called office and they told me they got validation letter on 9/21 (i have proof they got it earlier). Person on the phone would not give me his last name only first name.

Did they violate FDCPA by filing when they had letter or what should I do about the validation protection.

Edited by firecapt13

Even though there is a debate as stated on DVing I'm all for it regardless. In my state one only has to answer merely by showing up at the court date but we're going thru the same thing with MCM and I opt to do both, delivered the answer to the clerk's ofc today and mailed an original plus a copy to their attoryney via cert mail return receipt. I believe after that comes the request for production of docs and so on. Portfolio is another bottom feeder just like Midland and LVNV, fight'em all the way!