Wife sues Florida CA for husband's death

lilq

I don't know if you all read this article, but a Florida woman is suing Green Tree Servicing for the wrongful death of her husband. The woman claims that Green Tree hounded her husband sometimes as many as 9 times a day leading him to have a second fatal heartattack.

The couple fell behind in their mobile home payments after he had a heart attack. Then the calls began.

A Florida attorney filed suit against Green Tree for violations of the FDCPA in 2005. It was winding its way through court when he died, so the lawyer tacked on a wrongful death suit. The judge denied a request by Green Tree to take the case to arbitration (good for him).

A quote from the article at Huffington Post. :" Lawsuits against debt collectors alleging illegal practices are common. But McLeod's Tampa attorney, William Howard, believes it's the first time one has ever been sued for wrongful death. John Nemo, a spokesman for the Association of Credit and Collection Professionals, said he's not aware of it happening before, either."

They also recorded many of the calls made by Green Tree and many were abusive, causing her husband to breathe heavily, get red in the face, sweat profusely. The woman's name is Dianne McLeod and I wish her all the luck in the world on her lawsuit.

It does appear so, HOWEVER Green Tree is a mortgage servicing company and likely not subject to the FDCPA. Noting I have found so far actually indicates they are suing under the FDCPA, although a few news articles cite what the FDCPA will not allow collectors to do.

I believe Fox News reported on this earlier today. They played some of the tapes of the calls from the CA, what scum. The creep with the CA actually mentioned to the now deceased that the helicopter (Lifeflight helo that was used to save his life once before) should be commissioned to fly a check to the CA....jerk!!!!! I hope they hang these souless scum.