So settled with my hospital on a collection account for deletion...help!

Rskillz

When I talked with them, I settled the debt and they said they would put in the deletion order with Equifax and Experian (who they deal with) that next day. Well it's been almost three weeks an it's still on my credit reports. I called the hospital back and they said they would mail me a copy of the electronic deletion order, which I should get today.

I called Equifax and Experian and they said they've yet to recieve anything from the hospital. They also said it could take 60-90 days for their system to do the deletion. They recommended disputing the information so that they could go over it quicker, and see the deletion order.

I'm so frustrated. Does it always take this long? This is the ONLY bad item on my credit report, and its killing my score.

HELP!

Also, a negative account that is over seven years old is still showing on my equifax as a charge-off. How should I deal with this? Just dispute it and note that it's over the seven year mark as far as when it was initially reported?

Thanks so much guys, I really want to clean all this up.

I dont have much advice, but I can tell you that I am dealing with a very similiar thing and it is taking EQ FOREVER to delete this. All I can recommend is to call these people constantly and ask the status. I keep getting the run around...if you dispute with EQ, know that this seems to slow their response (at least in my case) we had a medical item deleted from the collection agency without any payment because the hospital should have never sent my husband's info to collection...fast forward 4hrs spent on the phone asking about status and here we are today...with absolutely nothing done further. EQ just told us since we are disputing the item, it may take longer to get it deleted because they have a prior investigation going on with the collection. This doesn't make sense to me either.

I called the collection agency and they stated it could take EQ 3 days to get the info...EQ said they will delete the item immediatly once they get word to......odd how each time you call you get a different answer, huh?

Sorry for hijacking your thread...bottom line....dont stop calling. Get something in writing stating the the bill was PAID and it was PAID FOR DELETE (if in fact that is what you did)

We are in the middle of trying to buy a house, so we need our stuff deleted asap also.

Good Luck!

I know it's illegal to leave a derog on there for over 7 1/2 years (saw that extra half a year somewhere else on this forum) I always thought it was just 7 years---Anyway, sounds like you could sue in small claims court. Might get their attention or you could get a judgment against them (send a copy of the judgment to CRA and they would have to put it in your file OR better yet, delete the item.)