CA response to Dispute

PupnCub

Hello,

I sent out a dispute letter to Southern Tier Credit Center, Inc. 112 Main St. 2nd floor, PO Box 118 Hornell, NY 14843 for a medical collection. Today I received their response.

All they sent was a 2 page Patient Invoice from Accu Med with my name on it that is all nothing more, does this constitute as a legal validation to my dispute?

What steps if any can I take next? Thanks for all your input.

Clean up credit report?

Get CA to leave you alone?

OR

Sue CA for debt collection violations?

I really like the last one. It tends to take cae of the first two, but focusing just on credit repair and CA "Beat down" with a cease and desist letter is fine to.

Well I am just trying to clean up my credit report. The OC says according to the invoice (which are just photocopy's they did not give me anything with my signature on it at all showing I owe them, and this is for a measley $50.00

The last date of service was 7/25/2006, they turned it over to this collection agency on 6/11/2008. I pulled my credit reports last week and saw them on their. Since the last date of service I moved from NY to PA, so something got lost in tranisition.

Anyway though, back to my original question, does a photocopy of an invoice with just my name on it, constitute as legal validation to the DV letter?

Thanks!!

Transunion Consumer Relations

P.O. Box 2000

Chester, PA 19022-2000

9/10/09

Notice of Intent to File Suit

To whom it may concern:

I have previously demanded deletion of the previous adverse tradelines:

1.) “Capital One”. I have enclosed and highlighted the adverse tradeline.

After your agency erroneously “verified” this tradeline, I wrote “Capital One” and they COULD NOT VERIFY THE ACCOUNT!!!. I’ve also enclosed my 623 FCRA letter to “Capital One”. "Capital One" has enclosed correspondence that they could not locate the account. THERE IS NO AUTHORIZATION BY ME THAT EXISTS IN RELATION TO THIS TRADELINE!

NO PROPER VERIFICATION OF THIS ADVERSE TRADELINE EXISTS!

You have 30 days to remove the adverse tradeline.

Upon deletion, I require a full and detailed credit report to reflect the new information be mailed to me.

Should you fail to comply with Federal and Wisconsin law in this matter, your agency will be subjected to FCRA and Wisconsin Consumer Act court action.

Thank you,

OPPRESSED CONSUMER

(Include a copy of documentation from information furnisher to Trans Union.)

Capital One

123 anywhere st.

Screwsville, VA 666

5/01/09

Re: Section 623 Fair Credit Reporting Act demand for investigation/Removal of disputed trade line.

To whom it may concern:

I have disputed your company’s adverse tradeline with the credit reporting agency and it came back erroneously verified by your company. I am writing to demand an investigation. My personal information has been compromised by the State of Wisconsin. I have enclosed the letter. I have also enclosed copies of the erroneous tradelines from the credit reporting bureaus in question.

I demand you produce the following to back up your “verification” to the credit bureaus:

1.) Copy of the signed application where I authorized the account.

2.) Copies of the authorized charges.

3.) Copies of any authorized terms of the agreement.

4.) Proof you have that the terms of agreement were violated that resulted in the reported tradeline.

If you cannot produce any of this information within 30 days as required by the FCRA, I require your company to immediately delete the erroneous tradelines you are furnishing to Trans Union, Equifax, and Experian.

Failure to either investigate and produce the required verification requested above OR deletion of the faulty tradeline will force me to file suit to correct the matter.

Thank you

Oppressed consumer

I did have health insurance at the time 2 types of coverages infact, and accouding to thier invoices they never billed the insurance company, and as I read it further it shows a balance of $42.41 on 3/31/2006 with no other activity listed. Then it shows on 6/11/2008 the account balance of $50.00. Now with no activity since 3/31/2006 how can the OC just add charges?

So is it now ok to send out a 623 letter to the OC? I mean the Collection Agency did not properly validate this debt did they per the FDCPA?

Hello,

I sent out a dispute letter to Southern Tier Credit Center, Inc. 112 Main St. 2nd floor, PO Box 118 Hornell, NY 14843 for a medical collection. Today I received their response.

All they sent was a 2 page Patient Invoice from Accu Med with my name on it that is all nothing more, does this constitute as a legal validation to my dispute?

What steps if any can I take next? Thanks for all your input.

IMO this more than meets the requirements for validation; it is an invoice from the OC provided by the CA.

A 623 is not applicable in this case as the CA has properly validated and the OC is not the DF.

If you have not done so you may wish to contact the OC and see if you can reach an agreement with them in which they will recall the debt from the CA.

On the upside under FICO 08’ this is having a very minimal impact as it is under $100.