Motion to Compel Acceptance of Lunch Invitation

malinrott

I really can't believe that is even real. The court has nothing better to do with it's time then to rule on who is going to pay for alcoholic beverages and suggest that the parties eat first and then discuss discovery lol. Give me a break the whole State of Arizona seems like a joke to me now.

One can motion the court to do anything.

I can motion the court to open the window. (Sometimes the debt attorneys hot air emissions make it stuffy in the courtroom.) I can motion the court to go outside and hear arguments on the picnic table.

That is basic civil procedure.

I'm not advocating "creative" motions because they will probably either be denied or jack off the judge.

However, this AZ example, albeit creative, is a perfectly acceptable motion to make under the law!

Isn't questioning something of this manner a form of disbelief? Disbelief of reality means you do not accept the reality.

Wordsmithing.

Its the art of good politics and good legal pleadings!

I framed the character of your reponse for you. You are now arguing on my terms.

Another free legal lesson.

Edited by trueq

I really can't believe that is even real. The court has nothing better to do with it's time then to rule on who is going to pay for alcoholic beverages and suggest that the parties eat first and then discuss discovery lol. Give me a break the whole State of Arizona seems like a joke to me now.

Reading comprehesion. My lessons are not free though, PM for details on where to send your check and who to make it payable too.

"To demonstrate to counsel that the Court has more on its mind than lunch, the Court has considered Defendant’s motion to strike Plaintiff’s proposed amended complaint. The motion will be granted."

This is what really made it seem pretty farcical to me. The fact that they had to justify their actions by deciding another motion lol.

While it would be fun to see how the judge would rule,

I think in most cases its unsanitary to eat anywhere near a debt collections attorney.

DON'T RISK IT.

Its common knowledge that these are some of the hardest parasites to get rid of, don't risk infection.

You don't need to "get a read" on a parasite.

I might try this "motion".

In one case, we need to find an alternate to a AAA only arbitration clause.

I got sense, debt attorney is going to move to have arbitration clause invalidated.

I'll motion to have debt attorney buy me lunch in hopes we can talk about alternate forum before we do anything "hasty" to the terms of the agreement!

Judge might like my "get along" style.

Edited by trueq

This is still my favorite pleading of all time. If you do a little research you will find a granted motion for continuance based on hunting season, a court ordering the attorneys to play paper, rock, scissors , and various other odd court orders.

Watch it with Rock, Paper, Scissors. In England, that is considered a binding contract subject to tort law.

This is still my favorite pleading of all time. If you do a little research you will find a granted motion for continuance based on hunting season, a court ordering the attorneys to play paper, rock, scissors , and various other odd court orders.

Where did you find the motion for continuance. I am sure that is as fun of a read as the petition.