what do you do with the money you are not paying to the CC companies?

brighteyes1977

I am afraid to put it in my savings account. Should I put it in an account under my kid's name? Or just put it in the safe at home?

Don't put it in your kid's name.

Are you filing bankruptcy and this is the period before you file, but after you have stopped making payments? How long ago did you stop paying?

Do you have judgments against you? Do you owe money to the bank where you keep your accounts? It is hard to answer your question without a few more facts surrounding your issue. Please provide a little more detail so we can help you come up with a plan to safeguard your funds.

My kids are 2 1/2 and 4.....I don't even think they get the concept of a bank. I just wasn't sure if the CC companies could see what is in my bank account and not do the settlement. So I figured if I put it in one of my kids' accounts, it would still be in a 'safe' place.

As far as a mutual fund. My hubby has one. But it's tanking right now, well it has been for a couple of years. Is that really a safe place for it?