Sunmom888

Can Plaintiff state on minutes..debt wont be turned to collections,but does?

Can I go pay I Plaintiff because it's in court order or pay the collection company?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Can I go pay I Plaintiff because it's in court order or pay the collection company?

• Plaintiff
    • Collection
    • Neither

Hello everyone this is my first time. Okay I'll just get right to it....I'm cleaning up debt I acquired after getting laid off and the largest is an eviction which is now a judgement. its been two years and is growing 10% interest. Every strategy i've tried and got no results. my last resort to find a way to put the ball in my court is to see if there is anything i can do about a statement said in court. I have the minutes to prove it. Before all this i had great credit and a family member became ill while i was laid off thats what used all my savings and i couldnt pay rent and so in court the Plaintiff's Counsel was compassionate enough to say if i agree to court stipulation announced, which i did so he states for the record that the payments shall be paid directly to Jay Jackson and that this matter will not be turned over to collections. And it has now and is on all three reports. Is there anything I can do about it!

Sounds like you agreed to a stipulation of judgment.

Your best bet is to pay the person/company that can give you a release of the judgment. You can attempt to negotiate the payment, especially if it is a lump sum. Sometimes it is better to have an attorney attempt the negotiations for you and the judgement holder has the right to the entire amount plus interest. If you own real estate and the judgement has attached, the negotiations are much more difficult because the judgment holder just waits until you sell the property and the interest accrues in the meantime. Some attorney's are pretty good at negotiating lesser amounts off the judgements, others not so much. Find out from the attorney what his success rate is for negotiating lesser amounts before you hire him. Make sure you get a release and record the release when the judgment is paid.

Check this link: http://www.moranlaw.net/lawsuits.htm

As to your original question about using the transcript for leverage - I don't know. One of the others will be by to help you.

Edited by Denita
Plaintiff's Counsel was compassionate enough to say if i agree to court stipulation announced, which i did so he states for the record that the payments shall be paid directly to Jay Jackson and that this matter will not be turned over to collections. And it has now and is on all three reports.

EXACTLY what was said?

* so have you done EVERYTHING that the stipulation entailed?

*And from the way you worded it, there was nothing that says to me that it won't be on your CRs, just won't be turned over to collections.

So there IS a CA on this account now, after the judgement?

court stipulation he wanted me to agree to was the amount they wanted. I did. Then the minutes say....

Attorney's fees are waived.

Counsel indicates that a proof of service of prejudgement claim to right of possession is on file.

writ to issue forthwith

Stipulation is announced, both parties agree, and the Court so orders.

Plaintiff's Counsel states for the record that this matter will not be turned over to collections.