Questions about admissions

musimann

I have a few questions. I am filing my responses to interrogatories, admissions and productions. Do I need to notarize all or any of these? Do I need to sign all of these?

Do you know where I can research GA legal rules stuff like this. I have looked but not found a good source.

I am being sued by Hanna on behalf of BOA on a defaulted 28% credit card. Since this thread is from GA I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by musimann

I have a few questions. I am filing my responses to interrogatories, admissions and productions. Do I need to notarize all or any of these? Do I need to sign all of these?

Do you know where I can research GA legal rules stuff like this. I have looked but not found a good source.

I am being sued by Hanna on behalf of BOA on a defaulted 28% credit card. Since this thread is from GA I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance.

Try here:

http://www.lexis-nexis.com/hottopics/gacode/default.asp

I'm not sure how to respond or object to these requests. I used it in my answer to the complaint. There are a number of these requests pertaining to each issue I raised in my answer. There are similar request in the admissions and productions,

Here is my affirmative defense:

"2. Plaintiff's Complaint violates the Statute of Frauds as the purported contract or agreement falls within a class of contracts or agreements that are required to be in writing. The purported contract alleged in the Complaint was not in writing and not signed by Defendant or by some another person authorized by Defendant and who was to answer to the alleged debt, default, or miscarriage of the other person."

Here are his requests:

Interrrogatories

"State with factual particularity the basis of your defense of Statute of Fraud."

Productions

"produce copies of any and all documents that support your defense of Statute of Fraud."

Admissions

"You do not have any legal or factual basis for your defense of Statute of Fraud."

They used this for every type of defense I raised. I have not seen any specific examples of how to respond to these type of specific requests.

I do not know what the Statute of Fraud is now and I need to find out but I want to use an objection now until I can find out and respond now and perhaps later in court at a hearing if there is one or in a future request.

This is the objection I am currently using. I'm not sure it is the best.

"Interrogatory No. 10 is objected as it is once again requesting information that it is premature given that the parties are in the midst of discovery and pertinent documents have not yet been produced by the Plaintiff."

Any and all help is appreciated!

I studied the Statute of Frauds for 5 weeks straight and a piece of me dies when I see it simplified like that lol

Yes, I know what you mean. Just when you're about convinced that you can apply it to almost anywher, you find out it hardly applies to anything anymore. Thank you UCC exceptions ... XhairX