thea1001

dispute name and addresses first?

Hello! :)++

I read somewhere that you should dispute all incorrect name spellings and old addresses first. That way you have a better chance that items disputed later cannot be verified. I have 10 name spellings (I have a unique name) and 18 addresses (I moved alot, but some are spelled wrong). What do you think? I am about to start my war but not sure which battle to fight first. :rolleyes:

If you're not in a hurry, that's what I would do. Sometimes, if the CRAs can't match name and/or address *poof* the trade comes off.

If you're not in a hurry, that's what I would do. Sometimes, if the CRAs can't match name and/or address *poof* the trade comes off.

That is one of the amazingly effective credit repair techniques that this site has taught me. It even helped me remove a paid state tax lien; which I disputed one piece of identifying information.

Surprisingly, EX actually wrote back to me stating in a note in the credit report that they sent me that so-and-so was me. Since it was off by one character, I immediately fired off a letter (when all my investigations were done) with solid proof of my identifying information (and a copy of their note brightly highlighted) that this paid tax lien was not mine.

And then poof, it was deleted.

But I was doggedly persistent finding each and every incorrect identifying piece of information and I was fully prepared to fire off my next round of disputes the moment my investigation was completely over. When the CRAs cannot match identifying information then you got them painted into a corner. However, you have to be patient and persistent to continue to hound them (and then move on to some other technicality if that doesn't work).

When writing to have old address removed, is better to write:

"Please remove all address except my current address of 123 Main St., Anytown IL"

or is it better to list each address that I want deleted? Or does it even matter?

What do you do with an address that is correct just listed twice.?

123 Main Apt 101

123 Main

Delete the one that is not complete, the one without the #of the apt

Then I have some that they have taken streets from one house and put it with the city and state of the third house. You don't even want to know how many places they say I have lived when they do that:)

What is this "address/name identification number"? Will using that # help them locate your dispute faster/easier?

One more thing...at the bottom of the page it claims I have s.s.# variations.... I can I have variations there??:shock: