catcover1

Collection agency collecting for another collection agency

:confused: Plains Commerce Bank is reporting a TL which they would never investigate and verify. This was recently sold to Acent Card Services. I received a dunning letter from FMS for this account and responded with a DV letter. I received a letter from FMS (not validation) stating they were collecting for Resurgent Capital Services. I also received a letter from Resurgent Stating they were collecting for Ascent. In addition to the letter was a separate sheet of paper with my name and an account number and it was titled "Debt Validation". Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Typical Sherman run around. Do another letter telling them "Nice try, but that's not it!" & cc every single Sherman tentacle. You'll find them listed on the Resurgent letter or, better yet, just search for them on this board. Send everything certified mail return receipt requested. This will stop them from passing the acct around.

How old is the debt?

I have sent two DV letters to Resurgent and FMS for the Plains Commerce account. All I received is a blank page with my name, account, number, and amount owed. I know from the posts this is all they need to send. They are still reporting this on my Experian report. I got a supervisor at Experian because Plains Commerce no longer exists but Experian still is able to verify. We did a conference call to Resurgent and they verified the account to her with the usual acct#, SS#, and name. I asked the Resurgent agent why they had not validated the debt. She said they did and that was all I was going to get. I repeatedly asked for her to send proof such as a statement, or contract with my signature. She said that was all they were going to send, yet she verified the debt to Experian with me on the line. Doesn't this constitute further collection activity without validation?

I ended up on a conference call with an experian representative and an agent from resurgent. I had already sent two requests for resurgent to validate. Resurgent verified the debt to the experian representative with me on the phone. I told her that resurgent was in violation of FRCA regulations. She said they weren't because they are not reporting to the credit bureau's. What they are doing is verifying through the original OC's listing even thought the contact information on my CR is invalid. they have been reporting this way since May 2008. Is there anything I can do to force them to report correct info or are they allowed to report the information this way?

I am having the same experiance with Redurgent Im getting harrested by them and vicking llc over the same debt, I had a settlement agrement with resurgent thenm but they now have vicking working the account and will not stand by the agrement. what to do