Fizzle1979

My New Hobby Is....

After a few years of spending hours and hours on this website my credit report has become the pillar in my family. But with that said, I no longer find myself on here as much anymore.

I found a new hobby: Geocaching

Anyone head of it? Anyone do it? It's kind of a dorky hi-tech treasure hunt.

Has anyone else formed a new hobby since having their credit repaired.

Well my credit is not as "repaired" as yours my friend but I have found Facebook, cooking, and photography as newer hobbies! I still check in from time to time! :- )

I have never heard of the Geocaching thing. Dunno if that would be for me or not.... :lol:

look up the movie called "are you scared 2" - on DVD

it's all about your little hobby - horror style!

*disclaimer* I have not seen the movie, and thus do not attest to the quality of said film or lack thereof. The mere mentioning of the movie is not an endorsement of any type, and not to be construed as such. it is merely reference. :-)

I have some friends that do it all the time. They really enjoy it. Of course you have to know how to use a high-tech gadget. ;)

Geocaching looked very interesting to me. I never went anywhere with it though. How has your experience been?

It's been fun, got me outdoors. In addition to finding geocaches I've managed to get poision ivy/oak/sumac and chiggers twice now. haha

fizzle-that's alot of itching...were you pink for weeks with the calamine lotion?..My boys seem to always find the poison ivy /oak the minute they hit the trail.

It sounds like fun but I would have to have someone with me to work the high tech devices haha I guess my kids would be good at it, but for now we'll stick to canoeing and kayaking the river. No GPS needed there is only one way to go haha

Glad to see you checking in D!!!

I looked into geocaching a few years back. There were some interesting spots in my area. I sholud check back on them.

After a few years of spending hours and hours on this website my credit report has become the pillar in my family. But with that said, I no longer find myself on here as much anymore.

I found a new hobby: Geocaching

Anyone head of it? Anyone do it? It's kind of a dorky hi-tech treasure hunt.

Has anyone else formed a new hobby since having their credit repaired.

I actually have heard about that before, but never taken the steps to research more about it. Is it as fun as it sounds?

I've only found about 40 of them so far. But 2 of the 40 had been well thought out hides...which is fun to find. One of the hides the person had found a tree that had been cut down, but the stump was still there. The clue to the hide was "don't get stumped" and I knew the hide would be around a stump. But this person had managed to cut the top half of the stump off, then cut out the interior of the tree stump, put the 'cache' in the interior of the stump, put a well hidden hinge back on the stump and put the top half of the stump back on. So it just looked like a regular old tree stump. So I spent a good while looking for that one, but was kinda neat to see someone had put so much work into hiding a cache. Of course this was in a national park and the cache owner got permission from the park to hide the cache.