PupnCub

Conv. W/ Equifax today re: MOV

Ok I called one of the CRA this morning to inquire about MOV (I am still sending a letter CMRRR) I think I was given the run around, is there any willfull non compliance on their part?

Wednesday October 7, 2009 Time: 9:46am

Conversation with CRA Regarding Method of Verification

Permission to tape record the conversation was given. by CRA Customer Service Representative.

Me: I have a question regarding the Method of Verification that has been used to verify an account.

CRA: Ok No problem Sir

Me: I have disputed back on September 18, 09, over the phone – I spoke to a gentleman named (blank), an account that shows the acct. as being charged off. At that time I had told X that the acct had been paid in February of 09. After that conversation I have mailed Equifax copies of the Certified Check which was requested by X to show that it had been paid. So what I would like to know is the Method of Verification used to update this account as being accurate.

CRA: Oh Sir, let me try to verify first because it is showing here that you filed for a dispute on this one.

Me: Yes I did, Yup.

CRA: And is showing here that, it was uh, on September 21, 09 it was updated and verified by the creditor, and it shows that this account is already being charged off. That is what they are reporting to us.

Me: Right and I have disputed that on 9/18/09 with X and on Oct 1, 09 you sent me an update with new confirmation #, and it said that the acct. was verified. This is what I would like to know is what was the Method of Verification used to update this account, I mean who did you speak to, what phone # was called. CRA: We do have the number it is X.

Me: Ok and is that the number Equifax called.

CRA: Yes.

Me: Do you know who you spoke to or do you have a record of any contacts?

CRA: No, actually there is maintenance, uh people who are handling that for us and that they are the ones who are actually handling the investigation. The only thing that we do here in this department as a front liner is to view what is written in the sentence.

Me: Ok so is it still currently being investigated?

CRA: Yes Sir.

Me: Ok so per FCRA 611 for this dispute your records show you called the OC, but does not show who you spoke to, is that correct?

CRA: Yes it is not showing here because we have the numbers here for you, I mean for us to be able to provide to you, but it is not showing here how the maintenance group verified this or investigated this, it is just now showing here.

Me: So it is not showing how the maintenance group is investigating it, is that what I am to understand?

CRA: Yes Sir.

Me: Ok I just want to make sure that in compliance with FCRA 611 that all information is being considered.

CRA: Yes Sir, if you want call the OC directly and speak to them as they are the ones who have verified the account for us.

Me: So the OC verified the information to you, through your Method of Verification, is that right?

CRA: Yes Sir

Me: I guess what I would like to know is how exactly it was verified the first time.

CRA: Uh, um Sir for that I only have a summary of the original dispute and it is being reported correctly and accurately.

Me: Ok, but you have no information in my credit file or in the system to show what Method of Verification was really used if any, is that correct?

CRA: Yes it is not showing here Sir.

Me: So if it is showing as verified, but you do not have what, if any method of verification was used, how can it be properly verified, do you understand?

CRA: That is what I am trying to tell you Sir, is that there is a different department that is handling this, so there is no way that we can show or tell you the step by step process used to verify the account or how it is verified, we only work hand in hand with the creditors to verify the accounts, and only the creditors can provide you with the accurate information.

Edited by PupnCub
Complaint Filed in Federal Court

I just had that exact same problem with Equifax...customer reps giving false names and also recieving copies of information that has been verified..but no method of how...and then when you ask how they said we called...or we sent it electronically...then call another rep...they dont know how only that Equifax furnishes the info they dont verify...also regarding inquires I was told you need to have a police report by one rep...and I have hard copies where 2-3 deleted inquiries...and yes w no police report what is really going on with Equifax these days...how can they be made to comply? please help.....:-(

I also got the circle jurk with all three CRA. No one can tell how they verify by who they talked to, what phone number or how they obtained the information in the first place. It was like talking to a two year old on the other side of the phone.

I am going to send out my (strongly worded) MOV letter tomorrow CMRRR to see what their response is to that. It would appear to me, and I may be wrong that they have the FCRA, I mean who the hell is the Maintenance People, the ones who fix things and wash the floors?

Anybody else have some input?

I am going to send out my (strongly worded) MOV letter tomorrow CMRRR to see what their response is to that. It would appear to me, and I may be wrong that they have the FCRA, I mean who the hell is the Maintenance People, the ones who fix things and wash the floors?

Anybody else have some input?

I would think that the maintenance are the ones that maintain the records they have no information about.Sounds like good maintenance to me.They just come up with different statements to confuse you.Either that or they really do chance light bulbs,and polish desks you would get the truth from them:twisted:

Once again I called Experian...the devil....talked to a rep...stated that the information was verified and the credit companies do not have to submit verification they just submit a verification slip to the original creditor, if your name dob ss number all match....yes its verified...and experian will only verify once...please help i have so much inaccurate misleading information...fed up with all the credit bureaus...score in the 488...cant buy a mosquito wrestling jacket.....

Well I believe, but do not quote me on this one. A CRA must provide you with the MOV they used. If not they are in violation of willfull non-compliance. That is why I record my conversations with them, but if you are going to do that get their permission unless you are in a one-party state.

If the CRA says it is verified, then send a letter to the OC using the 623 method. ALWAYS!!! send your letters CMRRR.

As far as I am aware, and again I am no expert, I am new at all of this as well, but I believe the FCRA has not changed regarding the MOV.

If you can't get anywhere file a complaint with the FTC and your OAG's office and the OAG office where the CRA is located.

Again I am new to all of this, there are many other members on here that have great advice and guidance.

Read the section under Method of Verification that may help you out a little more and don't be affraid to ask questions.

You know they don't actually call the OC, right? They use eOscar:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/eOscar.shtml

Did you call the number they gave you? What did they say?

If you have this all on tape - you have them out and out lying to you. If have written evidence showing you paid, I can guarantee they did not send it to the OC. I would absolutely send them an intent to sue for willful non compliance.

Thanks Admin.

Yes I definately have it all on tape, with her consent to record so they shot themselfs in the foot there.

I was reading about the non-compliance, when I draft the ITS letter is it just $1,000 for the noncompliance or should I put in there that I was turned down for a loan because of a negative TL they have not removed/updated.

Oh Yes I did call the number and it goes to a standard recording...Press 1 for this or Press 2 for that....LOL, no way they could have verified it properly.

It would be $1000. I might dig up some old cases (read the testimony of Leonard Bennett) and file based on what they did.

If you file and it looks pretty strong - their lawyer will call you to mkae a settlement. All you really want is for this to come off, right?

Hi Admin,

Sorry for the delayed response, yes that is all I really want is for it to come off.

Today 10/10/09 I received another email response from CRA saying that it was re-verified as being correct. Also I disputed an account that was listed 2x's on my report, for the same OC. CRA deleted one TL as not being able to verify and then said the other TL was verified as being accurate...WHAT??? Its the same darn account only it was listed 2x's..They could not verify the first account (same number as the 2nd) but then verified the 2nd as being accurate....lol. I am going to call them Monday Morning and get it on tape to see what they tell me this time. I will research the case law, but I can tell you that I do intend to sue them, I think the recorded conversation will be good evidence against them.

If you or anyone else has input as to how I should go about this please don't hold back, you all are a great asset.

Edited by PupnCub
Complaint filed in Federal Court

I sent EQ a "Method of verification" they send me back the standardize letters saying the have re-investigated my concerns, & want do anymore reviews of my CR. Should I resend the letter with the "Notice of Intent to Sue". Are there any good "sue" letters? I bought the book "Good Credit is Sexy 2nd sec. ed", I really don't see letters that lines up with me in this area.

BTW PupnCub, good luck!