Puzzled by FUSA card

Guest Mossy Creek

Guest Mossy Creek

Recieved a letter that my membership dues will be billed to my FUSA card. I don't have a FUSA card - and don't remember a membership in Credit Card Sentinel. What should I do?

Contact them immediately.

Ask details like when the account was opened, verify the SSN# with them, ask for addresses on file. If they refuse to give you anything, simply explain that you are concerned that you and they have been victims of fraud and want to clear it up.

Also, DO NOT give them your SSN. Ask them to give you what they have on file or offer to send them information.

If somebody opened this card in your name, you need to file an identity theft report with the police immediately, but you need to get more facts from FUSA first.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...
Contact them immediately.

Ask details like when the account was opened, verify the SSN# with them, ask for addresses on file. If they refuse to give you anything, simply explain that you are concerned that you and they have been victims of fraud and want to clear it up.

Also, DO NOT give them your SSN. Ask them to give you what they have on file or offer to send them information.

If somebody opened this card in your name, you need to file an identity theft report with the police immediately, but you need to get more facts from FUSA first.

Good luck!

Next time they call you, get their mailing address, phone number, the account number.

Find a debt validation letter (i know there are a few here) and send it via mail. Avoid being on the phone with these guys. They are trying to get you to affirm ANY information they have on you. Don't give in. Ask them to stop calling you AND to put you on their do not call list.

Report your ID theft to the FTC. Visit your local police station and insist they take a report. (this is required documentation for some companies) Get much of this done in writing and save copies of your correspondence.

Put a freeze on your credit reports right away. Dispute anything you see that is in arrears.

If they don't supply that stuff, alert your AG.

Edited by MehtaMar