Jump to content

Southwest Airlines kicks mom and screaming kid off plane


Amerikaner83
 Share

Recommended Posts

Don't know whether or not I like this or LOVE it...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33555007/?gt1=43001

SAN JOSE, Calif. - Kids will be kids, but one cranky 2-year-old was acting too much his age for a Southwest Airlines flight crew who kicked him off a plane getting ready to leave for San Jose.

Pamela Root says she was confident her son Adam's screams of “Go! Plane! Go!” and “I want Daddy!” would subside once the plane took off Monday in Amarillo, Texas.

But she says the plane taxied back to the gate and the pair was escorted off.

The 38-year-old stay-at-home mom wants an apology and compensation for the portable crib and diapers she had to buy for the extra night away from home.

Southwest spokeswoman Marilee McInnis says removing a crying child from a flight is unusual, but crews have leeway to resolve situations.

McInnis says the airline is looking into the incident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having just returned from a PHL to LAX roundtrip flight with my 17 month old, I have to say that I agree with the airline. Get 'em off. There was a 1 hour period where my little guy was screaming bloody murder. I was ready to file a complaint and it was my kid!!! I felt horrible for everyone else.

Needless to say, I will not be flying long distances with him or the next one until they're old enough to be easily occupied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My kids are ALWAYS well behaved on planes. xangelxxangelxxangelxxangelx

Actually, I've been really lucky in that regard.

I remember when my oldest was about 6 months old, my wife, my son and I took a charter flight from NYC to the Bahamas. Behind us was a loud but friendly frat boy who spent most of the flight playing with my son, and helped keep my son rather docile. The rest of the time he spent annoying the stewardess. We were sitting by a wing, so the frat boy kept yelling out, in his best William Shatner impression, "There's a man... on the wing!" every time a stewardess walked by. I think they tolerated him because he kept my son from causing a fuss.

My favorite exchange from that flight, near the end...

Frat Boy: (to Stewardess) "There's a man... on the wing!"

Stewardess: (to my son): "BITE HIM!"

Me: "He doesn't have any teeth."

Stewardess: "GUM HIM!"

Frat Boy: "HEY! He's my buddy!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

C'mon mom - make your kid behave (and training starts from birth) or know you can't control them enough to take them on a plane.

I agree the kid had to go....but when kids are really young, there are times when they are completely uncontrollable. I was one who detested bratty little kids until I had a child of my own. He is a perfect angel 99% of the time. The other 1% he is an uncontrollable monster. That's just a natural part of being 18 months old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...