Got served need help ASAP

Sburd

Have you been sued over a credit card?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:roll: I got served tonight. An old credit card company tracked me down and now I have 30 days to reply. I don't know what to do?

I am not working and am on unemployment. I will explain.

Back when my husband and I where making good money we had a few credit cards, he was diagnosed with stage 3 liver disease, lost his job and then the economy crashed. We tried to save our credit by using credit cards to survive but ended up losing our home to foreclosure. He did go into remission and got another job but he filed bankruptcy and I can not file until April 2011 when my old one falls off.

They are threating me with a lawsuit. My husband is still still, not in remission any more.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

I am sorry to hear about this.

However, you have not given enough information for anyone to help you. What company is suing you? This is important, because you would want to use different strategies depending on the company. Do a LOT of reading on this forum. You will get some good ideas.

In the meantime, one of the stickies has a form with questions to fill out if you are being sued. That way, people can help you better.

One word of advice. ANSWER the complaint, and show up at court when you need to. Otherwise, you lose plain and simple. You don't win if you don't play the game.