CookieJar

Heard rumor Mann Bracken has filed Bankruptcy

:roll:

If this rumor is true, what does it mean to those of us currently being sued by them?

I share a court date with them in Jan... and got a second summons from them 10 days ago.

I'm thinking I should proceed and keep everything tied up in the courts for a very long time... maybe the SOL will kick in before they catch up with me...

:roll:

If this rumor is true, what does it mean to those of us currently being sued by them?

I share a court date with them in Jan... and got a second summons from them 10 days ago.

I'm thinking I should proceed and keep everything tied up in the courts for a very long time... maybe the SOL will kick in before they catch up with me...

Where did you hear this? I searched Maryland bankruptcy court records (supposedly where they are headquartered) and there was nothing filed there.

Rumor heard from reliable source (who happens to be a process server) that they

1st: were behind on paying the company that sends out the process servers

2nd: the process servers were told not to serve any more from M.B. since they had

filed bankruptcy.

That's all I know, and why I was asking if anyone else had heard anything.

The best way to tell is Bud Hibbs website.

Mann Bracken has been Top 10 worst debt collector for some time on Bud's site.

If Mann Bracken urinated into the wind and got some on themselves, Bud would know about it!

they are headquartered in GA. Even if they did, it was probably an 11, which would not affect any lawsuits they have

I am familiar with a case in which Axiant is a defendant and their counsel has filed a motion to stay.

That is wonderful, but does that mean that cases started by these jerks will be stayed indefinitely? OR if you have launched a suit against them and get a judgment, will you not get paid because they are bankrupt?

I truly hope ALL of those places go bankrupt. I find it interesting that Axiant has filed bankruptcy and wants understanding by the court system. They sure have a lot of nerve!

That is wonderful, but does that mean that cases started by these jerks will be stayed indefinitely? OR if you have launched a suit against them and get a judgment, will you not get paid because they are bankrupt?

I truly hope ALL of those places go bankrupt. I find it interesting that Axiant has filed bankruptcy and wants understanding by the court system. They sure have a lot of nerve!

In the case I'm referring to, Axiant is a defendant.

Well...what happens when you file BK? All of your 'creditors' (including those with pending litigation) are told to pound sand while the BK is pending. I don't see why this would be any different.

Because the company that is in bankrupty handles the back office side of things for Mann Braken. Mann Braken will just bring those operations back in-house or find/create a new entity to handle those operations.

Because the company that is in bankrupty handles the back office side of things for Mann Braken. Mann Braken will just bring those operations back in-house or find/create a new entity to handle those operations.

Yeah, this is what I figured. rikkivs asked if suits involving "them" would be stayed and based on a previous post I believed "them" to be Axiant so that's what I was responding to.

As you said, it looks like MB will be going about their business with a slight change of cast.

If things are topsy-turvy at the Mann B. offices, maybe my pro se errors will get overlooked!

So far they have not responded to my Discovery request - or reminder thereof. I am getting ready to compel and ask admissions from them.

Trial is at the end of January, so am waiting until just before 30 days from trial to compel them.

The only down side I can think of waiting is that IF they can produce any documents, I will only have a few days to examine them before the trial, and could mess up in my haste.

Interesting development.. from Bishop, White & Marshall

Dear CookieJar:

Your account previously serviced by Axiant or Mann Bracken has been referred to our office at the direction of Discover Bank, Issuer of the Discover Card. It is our understanding that the balance owed by you is as stated above, etc.....

----

Unless I hear otherwise from the court, I think I will still attend the status conference set at the end of the month. Just to see what is said by the rent-a-lawyer.

So.... What do you think? Does Discover Bank still have it's hand in this OR has it started the JDB float?

I am for sure going to request validation from these guys, and question the balance while I'm at it... since the stated debt owed is even higher than the Mann Bracken summons stated amount. Geez!

Edited by CookieJar
Forgot to mention the new atty, typo fixed