Case Dismissed...Now what?

coffeecup11

Original Creditor sold to JDC.

JDC sued me.

My lawyer fought and won. They could not prove I owed the debt.

Case Dismissed.

Although its been 6 months or so since last report date, it is still a negative on my credit report.

Both the original creditor AND the JDB are listed under negative accounts.

What are my options?

May I dispute? "I am no longer liable for this account"

Original Creditor sold to JDC.

JDC sued me.

My lawyer fought and won. They could not prove I owed the debt.

Case Dismissed.

Although its been 6 months or so since last report date, it is still a negative on my credit report.

Both the original creditor AND the JDB are listed under negative accounts.

What are my options?

May I dispute? "I am no longer liable for this account"

dispute this directly with OC and JDB. and please, don't admit that you used to be liable. The court is stating that you're are not responsible.

Send a copy of the dismissal and its them if they balk.

I recently went through the same exact thing. I sent the credit bureau a copy of the dismissal and believe it or not they claimed it wasn't enough to delete. So i proceeded to contact the Better Business Bureau claiming that the CB refused to delete and that apparently they feel that they are above a court decision. Needless to say it was deleted 2 days later.

• 3 weeks later...
why not?

Give the info to the lawyer you used in the case, and let him handle it, if they dont delete.

Im sure he would love to get some more attorney fees out of the whole deal.

But this suit would be federal and not every attorney works in federal court.

file some complaints. Start with the AG. Who was the Original Creditor? you can still sue if that doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings

I have a similar issue.

HSBC gave somebody a credit card in my name about 3 years ago. HSBC eventually sold the account to a collection agency who then had a local Denver law office try to sue me to collect.

The case was dropped a week ago with prejudice.

My question for you is did you get to force the plaintiff to foot your legal fees, and if so, how did you collect. As I understand it in small claims court you get to do that.

I am only out 100 for filing fees and certified letters, but when the case was dismissed I was left with no information on how to recover those fees.

Anybody know if I can just send a bill to the law firm that tried to sue me?

Greetings

I have a similar issue.

HSBC gave somebody a credit card in my name about 3 years ago. HSBC eventually sold the account to a collection agency who then had a local Denver law office try to sue me to collect.

The case was dropped a week ago with prejudice.

My question for you is did you get to force the plaintiff to foot your legal fees, and if so, how did you collect. As I understand it in small claims court you get to do that.

I am only out 100 for filing fees and certified letters, but when the case was dismissed I was left with no information on how to recover those fees.

Anybody know if I can just send a bill to the law firm that tried to sue me?

why didn't you counter sue?

why didn't you counter sue?

I was not aware I had to counter sue. My intention was to stand before the judge and win that way then point out the fact that the losing council gets to pay my bill. Unfortunately the case was dismissed with prejudice before the actual trail (about 8 hours) so I was unable to make my request.

I did figure out the naming conventions to the weld county courts apparatus so I emailed both the judge that I had my initial hearing before and the judge that filed the dismissal. I am hoping to get a response in that manner.

If I do not hear anything I am going to call the number the law firm provided to settle my debt and ask the poor person who answers the phone to make sure a check gets cut and sent in my direction or I will be forced to sue.