method of deleting bad credit

1971 340 duster

Has anyone considered the way the cra read letters and what happens thereafter? OCR, optical charactor recognition is a scanner that reads letters & can be easily confused by the type of paper & color of the ink used. Has anyone had any luck with this?

New Info: If you X out your name to make a correction & use boxes and arrows, that also works. The key is to remember the scanner will only read the first few lines before the letter goes to the manual dispute pile. Include the account name, account number and the word delete in the first line. The objective is to confuse the program. Also, cut the bottom of the paper so it does not align properly. Keep in mind what you want the computer to retain then go from there. Good luck.

Edited by 1971 340 duster
additional info

I just sent a round of disputes handwritten on blue/grey paper and mailed in 6x9 manila envelopes. I was told by my mortgage company to try that so that my dispute doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Their credit guy has told them that he see's a roughly 20 percent higher deletion rate when disputes are done this way. I guess we'll see.

I'll post when I get a response.

Edited by Sword and Armor

So the theory here is the dispute will be entered correctly in the system by hand and will therefore be handled correctly?

-OR-

The dispute will not be quickly dealt with and therefore ends up deleted due to the 30 rule?

Both really, but leaning more heavily towards #1.

I figure it can't hurt if it gives my dispute the slightest chance of spending a few more moments in someone's hand. There is, of course, the possibility that it does absolutely nothing to help, in which case I spent $10 on colored paper and larger envelopes for what amounts to snake oil. I can take that $10 gamble.

In regards to disputing to TU, I was told to send my disputes to Fullerton CA. instead of Chester Pa., since they are A) On the other side of the country for me and less likely to be dealing with those of us in the eastern US and B) It is a smaller office that deals with less disputes (I am also told they have a higher deletion rate than Chester)

Again, this all may be snake oil, but what the hell do I have to lose other than a few negative TL's?? :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have had good success with this 3 entries deleted within days of sending letter.

1st get some Fancy background paper. I used American flag paper from That MAX place. with all the office supplies.

2 Use Script writing. no spaces between paragraph make sure int bunched up .

3 Use the lightest font color you can without making NON readable with the human eye.

4. Don't just say reference this account XXXXXXX i dispute it.

this will confuse the computer and they will have to manually look up the account and manually call the CA..

I did this 3 times and had a 2 deleted ASAP the 3rd took the full 30 days.

CRA

666 devils drive

hell undergound , everywhere

DATE

Certified mailxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AccountXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joe Schmoe

123 1st main St

Anywhere, state USA

To whom this may concern

I recently reviewed my credit report and found and error id like to dispute underthe fair credit reporting act it is in referance to account numberxxxxxxxxxxin the amount of $xxxxthis is not my account and I dispte the said account please review this Error and remove it from my report as it is not mine

Thanks

Joe Schmoe

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE FONT SIZE TO REDUCE IT A LITTLE.. DONT WANNA MAKE IT TO CLEAR SO THE COMPUTER CAN PICK IT UP.. NO BOLDS NO CAPTIALS. NO PERIODS

Edited by JTsdaddy

This isn't a good idea.

LOL! Big, you always have great information, and this really made me laugh. I never read anything like the above advice ever. So when I read this tonight, I said to myself, "If Big says it's a bad idea, run the other direction". Thanks for the early week laugh!

This isn't a good idea.

I really have to agree. On so many levels. The biggest being, If you're trying to trick an item into beign removed, you dont want it in human hands long.

(if your using 30day dispute rule and trying to stop them from udating with in those 30 days). The longer this message sits in a drop box after they signed for it certified mail the better.

Sending the message cross country does no good either as its not received until some clerk signed the little green card. (for all intense purposes.)