tsktsk

Suspicious Request Letter

Hello,

And thank you for your help. I'm following the formula to better credit from this site. I sent off my first letters to the CRAs a couple of weeks ago and received my first reply from Experian.

Unfortunately this is what I got. You can imagine my frustration. I sent the dispute with a copy of my ID.

We received a suspicious request regarding your personal credit information that we have determined was not sent by you. This could be deemed as deceptive or fraudulent use of your information. We have not taken any action on this request. Any future requests made in this manner will not be processed and will not receive a response. Suspicious requests are taken seriously and reviewed by Experian security personnel who will report deceptive activity,k including copies of letters deemed as suspicious, to law enforcement officials and to state or federal regulatory agencies.

This reply does not make sense considering I was asking for an investigation. It is utter BS. What is the next step? How can I avoid this kind of crap?

Thanks again.

le sigh..

Tsktsk

This response is being received too often latelly. It's becoming obvious that Experian is using it as an excuse not to investigate disputes.

With respect to written disputes, I've always favored sending a notarized request in lieu of other "identification." There is no question as to who is sending the request when it is notarized.

They are trying all manner of ways to avoid doing any work. The notarized statement may work. I would still hold them to the 30 day limit from the day you originally sent the request. You may not be able to hold them to it - but I'd still try.

Also, complain to the FTC. They need to know about this.

I just received the same letter as well. It was in response to my request asking how they verified something on my report because they are still reporting it wrong.

The date of their letter is the day after they signed for a CMRRR letter.

So does anyone have any idea how to respond to these morons?

I wonder if I need to address their security personnel who allegedly reviewed the documentation. :lol:

It would be fun to jack with them on that point.

I received this letter today as well. Enclosed with my DV letter was two picture IDs, ss, DoB, full name. THere is really nothing more I could have done to prove who I am.

Feb 12, will be 30 days. Should I then send a notarized letter extended for 15 days?

Whould hand writing the letter help?

TU has already deleted 4 of the 6 I requested. :)

Don't, Don't give them more than the law requires for proper Identifcation. I send a copy of my drivers license, I erase my photo, DL #, Height weight, the only thing I leave is my Name and address. and then a copy of my SS card in each communication where validation is required.

If they cant validate that this is you, then I guess they better delete all trade lines, since the information they have is obviously in error.

Demand it and enforce your rights. Don't let them fish for more information.

Also, if and when you respond send this info, remind them they are still under the 30 days or 45 for free report investigation and if they dont validate by that time you expect the Tradeline to be removed.

The law does not allow them to postpone (delay) the investigation request. they don't get more time. lol

Edited by SOC