Try4Gr8Credit

Goodwill Letter

I am working on a few goodwill letters. I am just asking if anybody knows a person at Bank of America and Citicorp to send it to.

Thanks to CIC I know how to search for big wigs to send letters to but I just want to know if anybody has a name or email address for me. Thanks!:D

I honestly don't believe in goodwill

I would try a polite 623 dispute to the address listed on your credit reports

be sure to personalize with any special circumstances

What I find is that big banks are too lazy to investigate and so they delete and pretend that it is goodwill.

I have personally used goodwill letters to remove roughly 12 bad TL's. They do work. It all depends on how you word them. Make it look like you were just a victim of circumstance and you just want a "hand up, not a handout". That is the line that worked good for me.

I spoken to many people that believe that goodwill worked for them. But upon closer examination, their letters often point out an inconsistancy with the way the tradeline is reported and this invokes the 623 federal statute.

I am working on a few goodwill letters. I am just asking if anybody knows a person at Bank of America and Citicorp to send it to.

Thanks to CIC I know how to search for big wigs to send letters to but I just want to know if anybody has a name or email address for me. Thanks!:D

Goodwill letters have worked for me. To date all the goodwill letters I have written have been successful (100%). Good luck with your letters I sent you a contact at citibank check your private messages.

I got the message and thanks. The original post was kind of dated.

Since then I did send a goodwill email to several citibank big wigs. I got moderate results but need to follow up. But it is good to know what you sent me is still good. :D

It seems like sending a goodwill letter first would give you one more avenue to get bad tradelines removed. Then you can escalate to 623 if needed.

However, I'm concerned that if I write a letter indicating that an account is mine and would they please remove it I'm essentially verifying the account for them. Couldn't they use this against me if I follow up with a dispute letter stating "not mine"?

A 623 does not require you to say that it is "not yours"

the statute requires the OC to be responsible for the accuracy of the its reporting and providing supporting documentation.

to walk a fine line, I have written to say that I don't reconize the account (actually true).

lying does not pay and is not reccomended.

It seems like sending a goodwill letter first would give you one more avenue to get bad tradelines removed. Then you can escalate to 623 if needed.

However, I'm concerned that if I write a letter indicating that an account is mine and would they please remove it I'm essentially verifying the account for them. Couldn't they use this against me if I follow up with a dispute letter stating "not mine"?

and yes they can use a goodwill letter against you, which is why I don't bother.