Medical collection verified when paid in full

My wife has a $3,000 collection on her Experian report. It ws paid in full by insurance. I disputed it on 1/19 on 1/20 got a email saying results ready. CHecked it and it said verified. HOw is this possible verified in 1 day when it isn't even valid? I have proof that it was paid in full by insurance. What d I do now?

Give some more info, who is the collection agency, how is it reporting, were you ever sent a dunning letter from CA, if so, when and how long ago. Personally, I never use the online dispute method with the CRA's, from now on always try to do your disputes by mail. Request a re-investigation by the CRA's and provide them with the documentation you have proving that this is a fraudulent entry by the CA. They are required by law to do more than that bullsh*t CDV system they use, also demand that they do more and than match up numbers in their database which is not sufficient verification or an adequate investigation for a victim of a fraud. If it comes back verified, then bam! you have the CA and the CRA. Hit us back with more info so others can chime in as to your situation.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure how old the account is but if the original creditor still owns the account and is utilizing a collection agency, I would contact the OC and have them remove it! :evil: If the OC still owns it, only they can remove it. If the account is now owned by a JDB, I would contact them and send their proof, certified, that the account is paid by the insurance company. :? I agree with the other poster in that I never dispute online. I always send a certified letter to the CRA's so I have proof. 8-) I also keep a log of who I talked to and when and about what! If the CRA is indicating that they verified it, it's possible that the CA or JDB still the amount due on their records. 88-) If it is on your credit report, and the CRA verified it, you have the right to know how they did this! xWhipMex Regardless, you have the proof that it was paid and I would do everything within my power to have it removed from my credit report even if I had to go after the OC! :troll:

My answer is not often popular, but call the OC. There's a good chance that a mistake has been made and they might take care of it.

As a note, I only advocate this with medical bills because I work in a hospital and I deal directly with our Business Office. Whenever someone calls about a tradeline like this (since I am the complaint coordinator), I immediately get the name of the CA reporting and check the account. If it is a mistake, I have our Business Office recall it and fix it and if it doesn't appear to be with us, we can usually get actual information out of the CA, as opposed to being harrassed by them like the customer is.

ITS= Intent to sue. Tell them they are pushing the line on willful non compliance. If you have proof and they dont want to fix it you can sue them for willful non compliance and financial injury if the inaccurate reporting is keeping you from obtaining credit, jobs, or bank accounts. Tell them you are looking in to obtaining an attorney, maybe they will get off the stick if they think you are going to sue.