I WIN, WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!!

Got this letter today it felt kind of thin from the Plaintiff's lawyer. i said to myself self either this is a check or a notice to dismiss so when I opened it there was no check but there was a VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL WITHOUT PREDJUDICE::travolta:: which I'll take after dealing with these people for over a year. When I won back my money after signing a stipulation:clapper:I knew or had a reasonable good chance of winning at the trial. Now I plan on filing suit against BofA for this bogus debt and CACH and all the attornys who participated in this mockery of the legal system. There's at least 5 of them that had their input in this case. Any thoughts as to what I could sue for. S.A, :)++

Edited by saint al

You had best be careful. If you file suit, and your case is adjudged frivolous, you'll have more problems than you know. I'd be content with my win and just drop it.

Jimmy! Jimmy! Jimmy! your point is well taken but there would be nothing frivolous about it, these people came after me created all kinds of trouble contrary to the law both for my state and FDCPA. I am only one drop in there bucket they have already moved on to there next target, unless we as consumers start making them hurt through their bottom line my little victory will mean nothing, but if we as individuals give them a little sting it might irritate them but if hundreds give them a little sting it could very well take them out of business.

Jimmy! Jimmy! Jimmy! your point is well taken but there would be nothing frivolous about it, these people came after me created all kinds of trouble contrary to the law both for my state and FDCPA. I am only one drop in there bucket they have already moved on to there next target, unless we as consumers start making them hurt through their bottom line my little victory will mean nothing, but if we as individuals give them a little sting it might irritate them but if hundreds give them a little sting it could very well take them out of business.

It might not be frivolous in your opinion, but a judge may disagree. And really, the truth is that you probably don't have the expertise to know whether it is or not. Prosecuting a lawsuit is VERY difficult; that's why most law firms won't let new hires do unsupervised work for at least five years---and those are people who have law degrees!

The truth is that 99 percent of pro se litigants simply have no idea what they're doing. That's how they get screwed up in the first place.

I thought the judge ruled in your favor? Wouldn't that dismiss it with prejudice?

Either way CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes' date=' after all that BS, I would definitely SUE!!!! If I remember correctly, this was never your debt, right?[/quote']

I won a motion to get out of the stipulation I signed at the begining of this case. I had re-opened it after getting schooled on my rights on this site. I won the right to get out of the stip but not the trial.

It might not be frivolous in your opinion, but a judge may disagree. And really, the truth is that you probably don't have the expertise to know whether it is or not. Prosecuting a lawsuit is VERY difficult; that's why most law firms won't let new hires do unsupervised work for at least five years---and those are people who have law degrees!

The truth is that 99 percent of pro se litigants simply have no idea what they're doing. That's how they get screwed up in the first place.

I don't plan on going pro se, that was a defensive tactic. This is a two prong fight. Plan was already in play to file suit on the OC, TU & Ex, for selling a bogus debt and reporting it by cra's. This part had to first be completed.

Please keep us posted as to what happens in your case.

!'ll do my best. I think I have a shot at filing a motion to sanction the plaintiff and counsel for filing a frivolous lawsuit. This is not a lawsuit but a Fl. law that states if it can be proving that the Plaintiff had no legal ground to litigate or standing to file suit, they both must pay the victor a reasonable attorney's fee and cost. If it can be proved that they intentionally delayed litigation through discovery that can also be sanction. I believe I may have them on both counts. Be Blessed!

!'ll do my best. I think I have a shot at filing a motion to sanction the plaintiff and counsel for filing a frivolous lawsuit. This is not a lawsuit but a Fl. law that states if it can be proving that the Plaintiff had no legal ground to litigate or standing to file suit, they both must pay the victor a reasonable attorney's fee and cost. If it can be proved that they intentionally delayed litigation through discovery that can also be sanction. I believe I may have them on both counts. Be Blessed!

Congratulations. I would go for it , this system needs to be changed and if you think you might win why not try , and good luck if you do try . I see you mention God sometimes , if God sees fit to change things he will work through us , we know the lawyers not keeping their oath is going to come into play .

while it is important that you are mindful of respect for the judges' time, etc - the more alleged debtors assert their rights when the fair collection acts are trespassed upon, the tighter new laws will be passed and applied, regarding fair collections. many fair collection law advocates are lobbying to narrow loopholes that jdb's currently utilize while harassing thousands. fair collection acts are of no use to 'us' if they are not enforced. it is a huge shame that many people unfairly (or unlawfully) sued and garnished, don't have a prayer without the expert help of an attorney. this site empowers many - yay, i say yay to you - and everyone who lends their knowledge and experience here.

you may have my first born.

he is over 20 and potty trained, i think?

Hey All! I got a call today from the Fla. Bar. They wanted to know did i have anything else I wanted to provide before wraping up their investigation (this was a message they left on my cell), so after getting off work I call from home but got an answering machine. They asked me also that they understand that there will be a trial coming up soon and if I could informed them of the outcome so in my message I said: "The trial date is for 2/xx/2010 but I recieved from the stand in attorney on the weekend a notice of Voluntary Dismissal Without Prejudice and that I could send the a copy" I will mail them a copy anyhoo!8-)

I SEE YOU ARE DOING A HAPPY DANCE! CONGRADS TO YOU!

WISH I WAS JOINING YOU IN THAT DANCE, BUT I LOST AND LOST

BIGGGGGGG.... HOWEVER, I AM GLAD FOR YOU!

I don't know much about your case, and not that I could have provided any helpful advice to change that reality. Sorry for your lost and am very gratefull and honored to your words in spite of your reality. Be Blessed!:)++

So happy you got a lawyer and can't wait till ya kick their but.

Even when this particular JDB has the right defendant they frequently have "no legal ground to litigate or standing to file suit". They are doing this all over the country and counting on people just letting them. Their time is coming............I believe there are consumer law firms out there keeping score, collecting lawsuits and there will be a huge class action involving fraud on the court. I am hoping the recent FTC investigation of 9 of the largest debt buyers is just the beginning.

So happy you got a lawyer and can't wait till ya kick their but.

Even when this particular JDB has the right defendant they frequently have "no legal ground to litigate or standing to file suit". They are doing this all over the country and counting on people just letting them. Their time is coming............I believe there are consumer law firms out there keeping score, collecting lawsuits and there will be a huge class action involving fraud on the court. I am hoping the recent FTC investigation of 9 of the largest debt buyers is just the beginning.

Do you by chance know who's on that list?

-- Arrow Financial Services LLC, based in Niles, Ill. and part of Sallie Mae

-- Asta Funding, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J.

-- B-Line, LLC, based in Seattle, Wash.

-- eCast Settlement Corp., affiliated with New York-based JP Morgan

-- Encore Capital Group Inc., based in San Diego, Calif.

-- NCO Portfolio Management, Inc., based in Horsham, Pa.

-- Portfolio Recovery Associates, L.L.C., based in Norfolk, Va.

-- Sherman Financial Group LLC, based in New York, N.Y.

-- Unifund Corp., based in Cincinnati, Ohio

Here is an article: http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/50514

Here is a thread on this board: http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299925

Michigan has a provision for the prevailing party to be awarded sanction if they can prove that at least one of the conditions you mentioned were met. Look at your court rules. You have to do what is best for you. If you think it's worth it and you won't regret it later, than go for it!

Good luck on whatever you decide!