strive4credit

Small amount in collections

I searched and saw some stuff on paid collections but which way do I go with this:

Library fine went to collections, $45 balance $83 original balance. It hit my credit report under Unique National Collections.

Do I:

A: Pay it, dv the ca, then dispute it.

B: Negotiate a pay for delete after doing the usual - dispute, dv.

C: try to get the library to snatch it back from the CA via GW and pay them. Then dispute and dv

I searched and saw some stuff on paid collections but which way do I go with this:

Library fine went to collections, $45 balance $83 original balance. It hit my credit report under Unique National Collections.

Do I:

A: Pay it, dv the ca, then dispute it.

B: Negotiate a pay for delete after doing the usual - dispute, dv.

C: try to get the library to snatch it back from the CA via GW and pay them. Then dispute and dv

DV

Edited by justincase

HOLY COW! NOW LIBRARIES ARE GETTING THIS SERIOUS ABOUT DEBT?

I SAY PICK OPTION 'C'.

CAN YOU GO TO THEM AND RETURN THE DERN BOOKS OR VIDEOS?

TO GET A BAD MARK ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT FOR THAT ARCMINUTE OF A DEBT IS

INCONGRUOUS. GEE WHIZ.

THEY NEED TO GET A LIFE.

HOLY COW! NOW LIBRARIES ARE GETTING THIS SERIOUS ABOUT DEBT?

I SAY PICK OPTION 'C'.

CAN YOU GO TO THEM AND RETURN THE DERN BOOKS OR VIDEOS?

TO GET A BAD MARK ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT FOR THAT ARCMINUTE OF A DEBT IS

INCONGRUOUS. GEE WHIZ.

THEY NEED TO GET A LIFE.

I agree!!!

DV the collection agency, go cut your deal direct w/ the library... chances are a city library will not turn away cash in hand.

Right after I posted this I found some disturbing info about the CA. United National Collections. It's a whole thread about them. :-(

Yeah, Unique is a tough nut to crack. They will not do a PFD and will usually verify disputes, especially if the debt is unpaid. Some have gotten them to delete a year after payment.

My girlfriend had to deal with a library collection they were handling. She paid the library directly about a year ago, and Unique updated to "paid collection." I've told her to dispute in a couple months to see what happens.