jdjlocksmith

cohen & slamowitz inquiries

i just got this from cohen & slamowitz saying they never made inquires into my report and if they did they did it for an extenetison of credit.

here is the letter and report. so can i get $2,000.00 from them?

the letter were move down

Edited by jdjlocksmith
update

I would call that a false representation....they are justifying their pull on another entity's extension of credit? They would have been better off saying they pulled for collection purposes.

Guest usctrojanalum

Fwiw, Cohen and Slamowitz fight all their FDCPA cases as hard as anyone and do not like settling. Within the past year I read a case against them that went on for 10 years, and the Plaintiff spent about $50,000.00 in lawyers fees but was only entitled to $1,000.00. I looked up other FDCPA cases against them and I could not find one that was disposed of in less than 3 years.

Yeah with a name like Slamowitz you have been fighting your whole life! Wonder what the first name is … Slamowitz sounds like something on an infomercial!

Edited by MG05

It looks like Slamowitz was collecting on a bad Providian debt. Did you ever have an account with Providian?

If so, they'd have a permissible purpose in ontaining your reports.

In not, they owe you either statutory damages or actual damages.

here they tried to sue me back in 2006 for this debt but lost in 2007 so why would they pull reports for an account in 2008 and 2009 if they say they sent back the account? and why what resaon do they have to pull a report on a claim they could not prove in court after the case was over?

here they tried to sue me back in 2006 for this debt but lost in 2007 so why would they pull reports for an account in 2008 and 2009 if they say they sent back the account? and why what resaon do they have to pull a report on a claim they could not prove in court after the case was over?

i filed a False claim on them with the NYS OAG and the 10TH JUDICIAL DISCIPLINE COMMISSION and they are both investigating them. i would like to see them get out of this.

Guest usctrojanalum

Ugh, the NYS AG is a joke. Their investigations are terrible and imo, they do absolutely nothing for consumers like other AG's around the nation do. I will say my opinion is biased because I have a great disdain for Mr. Cuomo and his political agendas.

But I am glad you filed with the JDC!

i filed a False claim on them with the NYS OAG and the 10TH JUDICIAL DISCIPLINE COMMISSION and they are both investigating them. i would like to see them get out of this.

what ever happened to your case? i have to be in court. they pulled my credit almost on the same exact days they pulled your credit. my court case is set and the court is only going to hear my counterclaims against them. i have entertained the idea of filing a class action, i am in NYC, let me know how your case turns out maybe we can bang them with a class action or something.

Fwiw, Cohen and Slamowitz fight all their FDCPA cases as hard as anyone and do not like settling.

this is true. ive been doing my research on them. they will drag out a case as long as ever. and they dont like to settle at all. i'll see how i fare out with them

If it were me, I'd file a lawsuit against them for impermissibly obtaining your consumer report.

They claim they had a valid reason but I'd make them prove it and based on your posted docs, I'd be willing to be they can't evidence they had a PP.