hokiegrl

medical expense

Hope someone can help me clarify? :)

I have several items that show "date 1st delinquency reported as 6/03". The expenses were from earlier in 2003/

A) Is the reporting time for medical expenses 7 years (?)

B) When would it be considered first delinquent to start that 7 years?

C) Do you have to go by the collection agency 1st delinquency? Or can I ask them to remove them because the expenses are from an accident in 12/02

Edited by hokiegrl

Usually it stays on your credit report for 7 yrs. and approximately one month. (This is from my own experience);) If they didn't sue you for a judgment on it, I'd leave it alone. The date of first delinquency is when you stopped paying. :? I would leave this one alone until after July of this year and then see if it still is there. :wink: I'm not sure what the statue of limitations is in your state but remember that just because it comes off your report doesn't mean they can't come back to try to sue you if it's within the SOL. :cry: If it's not bothering you...leave it alone!:NudgeNudge:

Hope someone can help me clarify? :)

I have several items that show "date 1st delinquency reported as 6/03". The expenses were from earlier in 2003/

A) Is the reporting time for medical expenses 7 years (?)

B) When would it be considered first delinquent to start that 7 years?

C) Do you have to go by the collection agency 1st delinquency? Or can I ask them to remove them because the expenses are from an accident in 12/02

7 years is the reporting time for any debt.

Judgments can be reported for longer but this should come off in june. you can try disputing.