hokiegrl

Ratio for Revolving Credit: Current balance vs. Original balance

I understand the ratio of current balance to credit limit for revolving credit affects your score. But does the ratio of current balance to high balance on INSTALLMENT credit for one's open accounts affect your score?

In Oct 09, I had BK13 DISC but had student loans - when they put them back on my credit report the high balance didn't take into consideration the amount I started paying 5 years ago but instead reflected the balance as of Oct 09. (It does reflect my timely payments over last 30 months.)

Question: With my current balance of $29,600, is it better for my report to show on Installment Student Loan - $30,000K (original amount) vs. $38,000K (amount as of my DISC in 10/09)?

Ok so you are dealing with a student loan that is showing higher balance then the original loan amount. You can call the student loan company and talk to them on the reporting of this account,

I think I get what you are saying, but it might help if you post the exact information showing on the student loan - without the account number so we can see exactly what it is showing.

But it never hurts to talk to the company to see if there is some agreement you can come to on the reporting.