Advice on repo on credit report

flaebony1

Hi all, I am not sure if I am in the right forum or not. Anyway my car was repoed some time last yr the OC is Drive Financial now Santander. Long story short I gave the car to my sis since I got a new SUV thinking she would pay and was not. The balance left after me giving it to her or from what I see on my credit report was $2486.. The car got repo with no notice what so ever, the car was in my name .I never got anything from Santander like intent to reposses, nor late payment notices,even after being repoed I still have never gotten anything from them to date.Not even my license plate from them.The tradeline does appear on my credit report not as a repo but as a charge off. My thing is where and how do I start to tackle this off my credit report? I was successful in getting it deleted off my Equifax report but it is still on TU and EXP. Does any one have advice as to where to start or what to do?? I am in florida if that helps. This is the last major negative listing on my credit report. I have been successful in deleting 9 negative items off my report and this is the final one.I was just scared to even touch it but I am in the process of getting my credit in order to buy a home.Please Help!!!!

So what info did you send them because I have a friend who had the same thing happen and for the life of them can't get it deleted and their repo is going on 2 years from the evil fireside bank.

But, maybe you should look at the car repo section on this site, but the letter states to send it after 2 years have passed.

The only thing I can suggest is that you send them a letter to the attn of the CEO stating your local state laws and in the letter advise them that you did not receive the blah blah depending on your state laws regarding repo

and redemption process and procedures and state that you want a letter saying this is settled in full or you'll seek legal actions for their failure to comply with your state laws.

But be ready with your own amno (defense) because this might lead to you having to do battle in court.

(Note: this is just a suggestion any legal advice should be seeked through a license attorney in your jurisdiction)

Edited by soveu38

Yes I am looking into the Whychat site for info a bit confusing to me still but it does state that if one is SURE they did not receive any notice to send the letter which I am for SURE 100% nothing to this date has been received.I even checked my carfax report and it states the vehicle was imported to Niger which I googled is all the way in Nigeria doesn't make any sense.So not only was it repoed in maybe July roughly it was lease then exported then imported to Niger.Like WTF???

As for my dispute I did a method where I challenged everything about the trade line instead of the typical not mine I typed out a long letter about things like the dates wrong,DOFD not listed,late payments,Reporting dates,amount reporting,etc just picked at each and everything to dipute did not use the original letters on their site I typed up my own and as stated it worked with Equi..Tu said they are sending me the results which I can see backdoor it is still there and Experian they still investigating.Hope this helps and thanks

Cool thanks so much for the info I'll pass it on to my friend as were only starting on their credit report and its looks like it going to be fun(more like challenging) lol...

Well anyway stick around we have some really good people on this site who have lots of experience, knowledge and information I'm sure they'll be on soon to respond to your request.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your results :-)

Edited by soveu38

• 2 weeks later...