admin

Have You Successfully Defended Yourself in Court

Have You Successfully Defended Yourself in Court?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Successfully Defended Yourself in Court?

• Yes, won a counterclaim against Plaintiff!
    • Yes, got a dismissal with predijuce - Plaintiff cannot resue
    • Yes, got a dismissal without predijuce - Plaintiff can refile
    • Yes, I got a dismissal using arbitration
    • No I lost my case, Plaintiff got a judgement against me
    • Maybe, arbitration stayed my case

72 posts in this topic

Yes.

I won a Judgment.

I don't see that option, so I can't participate in the poll.  *Weep*

1 for 1

I feel your pain. I was thinking the same thing. Pesky poll limitations!

Congratulations!

just won yesterday got it dismissed without prejudice against UNIFUND, also against CACH LLC last year so i'm 2 for 2 ...want to thank everyone for all the information did need to ask many questions since their is so much info , i got all i needed filled out my forms "alot" and won so thank you

@stormy10

Congratulations!  Good job!

::band::  ♫ Another one bites the dust!

just won yesterday got it dismissed without prejudice against UNIFUND, also against CACH LLC last year so i'm 2 for 2 ...want to thank everyone for all the information did need to ask many questions since their is so much info , i got all i needed filled out my forms "alot" and won so thank you

Congratulations! :-)

Hello,

I am new to this site and haven't quite figured out how to post a new topic. I recently found out that Capital One took me to court November 2011 and won. Now I am being contacted by Kohn Law Firm to collect this amount. When looking up the court case # online they took someone else to court. She has the same name as me but lives in a different county, her address is posted and her place of employment is also posted for garnishing. I am very confused how this happened. If the debt is supposedly mine, shouldn't I have known about the court case? When I called about the letter I received I gave them my name, address, phone number, and last 4 of my social...all of a sudden this hits my credit report. Is there anything I can do about this? I am going to contact Capital One directly to figure it out (I currently have an open account through them in good standing). What should I ask? The "law firm" stated the debt is from spring of 2009.

Thank you!

My first tri(al) - Judge ruled that debt was mine and JDB purchased it :waah: :waah:

But..I could tell he DOES NOT like them or their attorneys.  He almost dismissed it, but at least helped me negotiate/settle for less than 50% with "almost" affordable payments.

I was very nervous and unsure of myself. 

Not happy with outcome but was afraid of it being worse.

I still don't like what these JDB are doing.

Unfortunately I have quite a bit more crap heading my way very soon.

I appreciate all the help I received here.

I better get cracking & studying up for the next bout.  I guess I was expecting them to dismiss the suit when I didn't let them have it by default but look who's laughing now.

1-0

A dismissal w/o prejudice from Midland, now beyond SOL. I expect a few more suits in the future.

• Like 1

Hey RyanEX; don't jinx your self (regarding the "I expect a few more suits in the future") You never know, they may just go away.

Congrats again none the less.

Thank you !!

A few years ago I had about 80k in credit card debt and had just closed my business of 20 years. I stopped paying the cards, got a loan mod for my house and eventually settled with most of the credit companies except Amex for about 20 %. Thru Zwicker, Amex sued me for just over 17k and for some reason would not even talk about a settlement of any less. After doing a little investigation on the internet (mostly here), I decided to answer the complaint and show up in court and at least hopefully get them to settle.

Within a month or so I had sent them a Request for Bill of Particulars and received back 2 inches of past bills. After some 6 months or so with no settlement talk and more investigation I sent a letter to both Amex and Zwicker choosing arbitration thru JAMS. From what I was reading it should have been too late to do this but I did it anyway and had requested from the court a date for bringing a Motion to Compel Arbitration. I had also sent Zwicker a letter stating this.

With a day to go before my deadline to actually file the Motion I received a phone call from one of the attorneys there that they were dropping the case and had already filed the papers to do so. WOW !!  I was hoping that they were calling to talk settling for maybe 4-5k and they just drop the case, no negotiating, no nothing, and guess what, it's WITH prejudice. Whoopee !! I don't know what happened and I'm not going to ask them, but WOW.

Thank you so much for all the help! I just wanted you all to know what is going on out there that maybe you don't see.

THIS WEBSITE ROCKS !! Smitty

YES I won against Portfolio. Went to trail, lasted 3 1/2 hrs.

"JUDGEMENT FOR DEFENDANT"

Thanks to all here. I spent hours and hours reading on this site. I won because of this site.

• Like 2

Hi all, Went to trial .  They did not bring a witness, and you can read my thread for more info , but the judge dismissed without prejudice and they pay my filing fee if they sue me again.  And awarded my costs!!!!!   Thanks to all who helped  and the forum!!!!!!! Xheart_smX

• Like 1

I won against UNIFUND today!! The JDB settled with dismissal of case with prejudice!! 

There is absolutely NO WAY that I could have achieved this win without out this wonderful site and the Amazing People on it who help with their know how, knowledge, insight , wisdom and love!! Thank you All!!!!!!!!!!! :nannersplit:

I won against UNIFUND this morning!! Dismissed with prejudice!! Thank  you  to all of the wonderful contributors on this sight!! There is no way that I could have defended myself without this Awesome Site!!!   :nannersplit:

I won against UNIFUND today!! The JDB settled with dismissal of case with prejudice!! 

There is absolutely NO WAY that I could have achieved this win without out this wonderful site and the Amazing People on it who help with their know how, knowledge, insight , wisdom and love!! Thank you All!!!!!!!!!!! :nannersplit:

I am so proud of you.  It is because you showed them, through your MIL, that you knew the law.  They would much prefer to go after "low-hanging fruit"---folks that didn't take the time to understand their rights.

Nice going!

• Like 1

It took 5 months - August 2010 -January 2011 - Maricopa County, AZ

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304222

Somehow I forgot about this thread and posting now:

08/01/2013 - 04 / 17 / 2015 - Won my Appeal against SLM Education

Credit due to Statute of Limitations. Got back my Courts Costs and Garnished

Wages. There were Seven Blatt, Hasenmiller, Leibsker and Moore

Attorneys against me and my wife.

Details are in the links below.

Midland Funding tried suing me here in Michigan.  They did not provide a proper and clear valid assignment.  With the help of everyone on this site especially the posts by @bmc100 and @Brotherskeeper.  I won a dismissal with prejudice. ::travolta::

• Like 1

I won the first one they filed w/o prejudice morning of trial. The second one was with a temp judge for trial and I lost, appealed, lost that and took it all the way to the California supreme court(review denied). BUT I am happy to report that I have helped hundreds over the wall. Revenge is the coldest of dishes. The debt collection industry can take notice that a technical state of war exists between me and them. I am going to help thousands so help me god.

• Like 2

Midland Funding tried suing me here in Michigan.  They did not provide a proper and clear valid assignment.  With the help of everyone on this site especially the posts by @bmc100 and @Brotherskeeper.  I won a dismissal with prejudice. ::travolta::

I love first post being in the winners forum