rag_muffin

Newbie Maybe I am going about this wrong

Recommended Posts

Ok, maybe I am going about this all wrong..

I was using a debt settlement company, I terminated with them last week. I issued a must appear in court from Blatt with Cap 1. Talked to my husband, these card are in my name only, we decided to just get a loan from the bank call for settlements and pay, but now that I read this forum, should I not do this? I was with the company for 7 months and that is when I stopped paying the credit card companies.

The suit from Blatt came out of no where, I never heard from them, until a guy served me with papers.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Any advice would be appreciated, these questions are not ones you can just ask over lunch with your friends unless you want to look like you have grown another head!!

We are not closing on this loan until Monday, so i have time there, but I do have to appear in court with an answer next Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After further reading I am going to send the DV letters, definately to Zwicker. Can you still send these even if they have NEVER contacted you in writing? I contacted them the 1st time on the 19th, planning to settle that is in another post. They did call back that day and the next at 7AM, so does that mean they have 5 days to get some written papers to me about the debt?

My plan is not to give them a DIME, I was ready to settle, but then they got a little to greedy when they thought all was good for them. Plus I have caught them in so many lies, such as I am being sued etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that these debt collectors or creditors know about your loan that you are about to get from the bank? If they do know due to a settlement offer or somehow finding out through pulling your credit report, then it is in their best interest to try and get a judgment against you as quickly as possible so that they can collect directly from the bank account where your loan funds are deposited.

I would try to force them into arbitration which will extend the time for you to attempt to settle with them and anyone else for that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.