joshman

Learning How to Fight the Collector

Fighting back is taking its toll on the debt collection industry...

"Rozanne M. Andersen, chief executive of ACA International, a trade association for the debt collection industry, said she was “extremely concerned” about the increase in lawsuits, which she said cost her industry hundreds of millions of dollars a year."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/24/business/24collection.html?src=me&ref=general

By the way, anybody catch the new pro consumer Supreme Court ruling mentioned in the article?

Very refreshing to read even if most of it is spin. Still nice to read. There has to be some effect otherwise why take the time to spin.

"Rozanne M. Andersen, chief executive of ACA International, a trade association for the debt collection industry, said she was “extremely concerned” about the increase in lawsuits, which she said cost her industry hundreds of millions of dollars a year."

All "her industry" needs to do is follow the law.

The reporter and I spent at least a half a dozen telephone interviews and a dozen emails going over this article. I am the Steven Katz/Dr tax in the article.

You are dead on Nascar. If the rotten apples in the debt collection industry would just follow the law there would not be all this backlash.

And yeah there are going to be people who have the means to pay off just due debts but refuse, that is just a consequence of doing business and karma will deal with those people appropriately.

The reporter and I spent at least a half a dozen telephone interviews and a dozen emails going over this article. I am the Steven Katz/Dr tax in the article.

Hey Dr. Tax, what happened to THAT site? I was looking at it earlier and now it seems that "there is a problem loading the page"

Great Article, thats how I found "THAT" site

Hey Dr. Tax, what happened to THAT site? I was looking at it earlier and now it seems that "there is a problem loading the page"

Great Article, thats how I found "THAT" site

I usually have both up at the same time and go back and forth

Q

I usually have both up at the same time and go back and forth

Q

Quader, thanx for your input

I have tried to ping the board thru a command prompt and it times out, maybe the board is being bogged down with too much traffic. maybe the CA's are responsible for the issue.

It appears there was a paid DNS attack, so THAT site will be down for about 24 hours. Apparently I pissed someone off......

It appears there was a paid DNS attack, so THAT site will be down for about 24 hours. Apparently I pissed someone off......

Ha, Dr. tax does that mean its time to upgrade from a prop to a jet?

I saw the news article on Yahoo today and had to come back and congratulate Flyingifr! LOL! 8-)::rockon::