Sign in to follow this  
ShootingFor750

Capitol One high limit question

I have a few questions about this account. I opened this in Sep 2001 and stopped making payments in Oct 2003 because of financial problems.

1. Might I have any success with disputing the "High/Limit" because each one said something different.

2. Each "Prior Delinquency" line is different, will that help my case?

I have one account in good-standing and it's a BofA secured visa, which I've had opened for 18 months and always paid on time.

3. Do you think I might have some success and work out a deal with CAP ONE and be allowed to keep this acct. open to age my credit to about 9 years, instead of just 18 months?

4. Anyone have an idea of where my scores might be if I get this resolved and able to keep this account open and have my "age" be 9 years in good-standing?

5. Might CAP ONE forgive all that interest they've charged over the years and agree to let me repay the principal, about $400 and keep this account going and open?

CAP ONE - Credit Card, Terms REV

............................EQ.................EX...................TU

Account Number......XXX-XXX........XXX-XXX...........XXX-XXX

Date Open..............09-2001.........09-2001............09-2001

Balance Date..........04-2010..........04-2010............04-2010

Balance Amount......$2002.............$2002...............$2002

Monthly Payment.....$60................$60..................$60

High/Limit...............$807..............$2002...............$400

Account Status.......Charge-Off......balance as loss...Charged off

Prior Delinquency.....04-2004..........04-2010............TU left this blank

Past Due Amount.....$2002.............$2002...............$2002

Apr 09 EQ 597 EX 575 TU 481

Oct09 EQ 581 EX 610 TU 483

Apr10 EQ 598 EX 599 TU 581

I doubt Cap1 will negotiate anything but pay in full, and you can give up all hope of them re-instating your account- why should they give you another chance when you burned them already- just business.

What is the SOL in your state? If it is passes and you sure you won't get sued you might want to try disputes, if you are within SOL I would leave this alone- you may wake up a sleeping giant.

In my opinion- the best course of action is to let this die a natural death.

I doubt Cap1 will negotiate anything but pay in full, and you can give up all hope of them re-instating your account- why should they give you another chance when you burned them already- just business.

What is the SOL in your state? If it is passes and you sure you won't get sued you might want to try disputes, if you are within SOL I would leave this alone- you may wake up a sleeping giant.

In my opinion- the best course of action is to let this die a natural death.

American Express gives people 2nd chances, so I was wondering if Cap One might do the same thing. My limits on those 3 Cap One accts. were $400 and $500, the rest is charges they chose to add on. They're all scheduled to come off my credit around Oct., but I was thinking of contacting them and seeing if I could pay the original charges, $500, and see what they'd say. If they so no then they won't get anything at all. I think the SOL in my state is 5 yrs., I live in IL. I'd like to keep one of those Cap Ones to have a longer history.

I still say let it die - you have less than a year for it to fall off. If you have any luck let the forum know.