Two Collection Agencies Active Date

sje123

I have two collection agencies on my credit report. One the OC is Comcast Communications. The opening date is 2004. I had Comcast in 1996-2000 and again 2005-07. The second one was definitely paid off but the first is long ago. I have never heard from this collection agency and have no idea what this is from that would open in 2004. I have disputed it but it remains.

The second is from a doctor that never charged my insurance. I disputed this bill with the doctor for about a year before it was turned over to collections. The doctor visit was in 2003 and collection started in 2004 but the collection agency says it opened in 2006.

Any recourse to have these two taken off my report on SoL alone? I don't know how they are each dated so much later than they were really opened.

File a DV letter at that point you will see what evidence they have against you.

If they don't respond send a demand letter, your recourse after that is to send a letter to the CREDIT REPORTING company, explaining their client is reporting without proof, then send a letter to the Trade Commision, violation of FDCPA and FCRA,

then take them to court.

.. sorry easy punch to get them to cooperate.