jdetermann

NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION... They are AWESOME!!!

Want to tell everyone my experience with Navy Federal CU. My credit scores from PG were EQ 559, EX 597 and TU 570.

I setup a checking acct and savings acct with them. I began reading on this site about them. So i applied for an Nrewards CC. I was approved for $1k credit line. So I applied for the MC. They approved me for another $1k credit line. I applied for a auto loan($20000) and was approved for no money down. I also applied for a $1k personal expenses loan and was approved also. 4 approvals! AMAZING! I thought my credit sucked! It probably does. But this will help.

On a side note, went to the dealership to buy the vehicle and the finance manager wanted to get my business so bad... 2 months ago I tried to get an auto loan and was told needed to put down $5-7k. I told the finance manager this and then I told him why would I go thru you when NFCU gave me a $20000 auto loan with 0% down. Can you beat that? That shut him up QUICK!

ANYWAY,

NFCU ROCKS!

My credit is alright... My score is coming up... My wife and I prior to this opened a secure loan and secure credit card with a credit union. We had to put up $1500 upfront. Also I went to a few of these smaller loan companies here in Oklahoma(Sun Loans, Courtesy Loans, etc.). They report to my credit and the payments are small. I have 3 of them on my credit I have been paying on.

To update... I have $5500 in personal expense loan with NFCU, 2 CC with $1000 balances, $2000 NAVCHECK on my checking account and my auto loan of $20000. They are working on doing a mortgage for me at the current time. Most people may think that I bit off more than I can chew but I make $8000 a month after taxes and have no bills other than these loans. I have not reestablished my credit in the past so NFCU is really helping do that. The CC will help with my utilization. My wife uses the secured card for groceries, etc and we pay it off bi-weekly so that helps too.

I hope that answered your question. Try them.. You will not be disappointed.

I went to their site and only have a branch within about 100-miles of where I live. Is it worth driving that far to setup the account? Will they even consider an account for someone that far? do you have to be a veteran or active military?

thanks guys- just checking to see if you drive a bit for their 'good-deals' -

Thanks for sharing your experience. Even l had better experience with Complete Auto Loans. The way how they deal with customers and the service they offer is Excellent. No matter the condition of customer’s credit, they qualify almost 100% of loan applicants.

I have been shut down by just about eveyone for a car loan and trying to repair my credit. Does they Navy Credit Unionhelp when yor credit is not so good? I always thoughtthe auto belongs to them and If I am making payments, if I dont make the payment they actually got fee money and a car.

I have been shut down by just about eveyone for a car loan and trying to repair my credit. Does they Navy Credit Unionhelp when yor credit is not so good? I always thoughtthe auto belongs to them and If I am making payments, if I dont make the payment they actually got fee money and a car.

Problem with this thinking is, autos depreciate over time. If they have to repo the auto will be worth less than the loan plus, the expense of a repo. They then will need to sell it at an auction and will get just a fraction of what's owed. THen, they're stuck with coming after you for a deficiency balance that you won't be able to pay.