I will be filing Chapter 7 in June. The only asset I have is a Car and I want to keep it but I am behind $1300 in car payments and I know it will take at least 2-3 weeks for me to go through the process of filing due to I do not have the monies now. Are there any suggestions on what I can do to process this bankruptcy early just for the car and then submit the rest of my paperwork?

Any help is greatful.

Thank you.xdancex

Are there any suggestions on what I can do to process this bankruptcy early just for the car and then submit the rest of my paperwork?

File a voluntary petition, mailing list, SSN statement, and prepetition credit counseling certificate. All the remaining schedules and statements can follow, but you have 15 days.

These types of bks are typically filed like this on the even of a judicial sale or some other event that is only stopped by a petition, but there isn't enough time to gather all the documentation for a complete filing.

"If the schedules and other documents are not prepared and ready to be filed at the same time the petition is filed, Bankruptcy Rule 1007© allows 15 days for completing and filing most of them. The mailing list, individual debtor’s statement of social security number, and documentation concerning preterition credit counseling, however, must accompany the petition. Fed. R. Bankr. P. 1007©."

http://www.paeb.uscourts.gov/pages/forms/BK_Form_B1-INSTR.pdf

Huge word of warning. If you are behind that much in you car payments, you may not have time to wait on filing. Recovery personnel are probably already looking for your vehicle to take it back.

I strongly recommend that if you really want to keep the vehicle at this point that you find some way to get your filing done quickly because once the car has been repoed you have very little chance of getting it back.

Also, in a chapter 7, you may be required to turn over the vehicle if you are behind on the payments. You don't get to keep collateral in a chapter 7 without paying for it.

Dear, your are behind a huge amount. The best way to get out of it is that you have to take he assistance of a professional BK Attorney. This will include no risk and you surely will get good results. Good Luck