Fairy Enchantress

What is BEST way to get rid of a timeshare?

In the past I have heard on Clark Howard and Suze Orman how to get rid of a timeshare. I forgot what they had said because it was a long time ago.

If any of you know what to do and the best way to get rid of a timeshare PLEASE let me know. I value all your opinions! Thank you.

If you have links please post them.

There is no payment default and it is not on the credit reports. It just needs to go!

We got very lucky and got the money we still owed back. We bought in a very popular sold out development, and we rented out our points a couple of times and I made a comment to the developments rental staff that we would sell it if we could. They of course told us that they did not assist in that.

Few months later I got a call from them, and they had a new s---er lined up, that would only buy in that development. We took the deal instantly and prayed nightly that the new person would not come to their senses before the deal closed.

• Like 1

Getting rid of a timeshare is pretty difficult and you may even lose some $$$. Dave Ramsey also talks about how to get rid of one. He is a really good 'get out of debt'/financial guy. He has a website you can search. Just type his name and .com and his site will come up.

I think that he tells you to go back and research what timeshares are selling for in the area of where yours is. Even call the company from where you purchased it to get comps. You may have to double their commission to go back to them and have them sell it for you. I know this can be expensive but it could also be the only way to get rid of it. Hopefully, I am wrong and you will be able to get it sold quickly and painlessly!

Good luck!

VBC ;o)

• Like 1

We sold ours on sellmytimesharenow dot com

Yes, at first I thought it was a scam but my husband insisted we try it because the listing was just $250 a year and they handled the closing.

We got a few offers every day and it sold 2 weeks later for our asking price. We sold it for what we paid for it. I'm pretty sure we were quite lucky with the whole thing so I can't exactly recommend them.

Best of luck!