gravelgirl66

AAFES & BK 7

Hi can anyone help? I had an AAFES, and listed them in the Scedule of creditors for a no asset BK 7. They also previously siezed my tax refund last year. Anyways, they SOLD the debt to NCO financial. However the TOP'S program (treasury offset) says I still owe money to call AAFES, I call them and they say call NCO. NCO says I still owe, however my BK has now been discharged. - shouldn't this be gone now or ?

Any ideas?

thanks!

What is AAFES and what type of debt is it? And Treasury offset? If it isn't non-dischargeable, then it should be gone. Did you inform them of the discharge order?

The above post could be referring to the Army / Airforce Exchange Services, who offers a retail credit card that can only be used in AAFES stores for military personnel.

This is correct. I had one many years ago and they still send me catalogs. Hidden in the very small print is the fact that it is almost like a Student loan or tax debt. Not really sure if it is dischargable, I just closed mine when it was paid off.

The lesson here is to never borrow from or owe the government money. You can neither run or hide.

This is correct. I had one many years ago and they still send me catalogs. Hidden in the very small print is the fact that it is almost like a Student loan or tax debt. Not really sure if it is dischargable, I just closed mine when it was paid off.

The lesson here is to never borrow from or owe the government money. You can neither run or hide.

It should be dischargeable. I would call your atorney and ask him to slap around NCO and AAFES like a red headed stepchild. Unless case law has made a strange interpretation of the Code, there is no exception to discharge for a government sponsored retail credit card despite whatever language they place in their agreement. And there is nothing in the Code that allows a governmental agency to violate the permanent injunction on a dischargeable debt.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode11/usc_sec_11_00000523----000-.html

Ask for sanction against both parties. And get your tax refund back with interest.