sevastras

Here is a CC anyone can get

I haven't posted in a while, but am having great success with my credit repair. While working on my wife's credit repair I ran across this guy on the east coast that found a "credit card" company that basically just has you load money onto a card and they will report to all 3 Credit reporting agencies for 9.95 a month. Since I needed to start building positive CL on this disaster of a credit report and wasn't going to get a card from the bottom of the bottom feeders, I figured what do I have to lose?

I have been trying it out and it has worked great. I loaded $20 onto the card, a couple of days later they gave me $10 more for signing up through this guy on the east coast, and so I got my first month free! You can refer a friend and get $20 for referring them, but I have only done that when I referred myself from my wife's card. Just not really into going up to random people and saying something, but I guess if you wanted to you could make a few extra dollars.

Back to the topic, they have been great about reporting every month and have been easy to work with. They get their $10, and I get a positive credit line. I figure after a year of this and working on the negative credit I will be good to go.

I didn't see this anywhere on here so figured I would share.

The website to sign up is:

https://www.accountnow.com/mkt-cap/signup2_mb.aspx?promocode=wayner

The referral code that gave me $10 was:

wayner

I guess that is probably the guy on the east coast that promotes this or something.

Keep up the hard work!

Have a great day!

Michael

They report to all three. They just report to that other one for free. I have been using it for a couple of months now. When I was reading through the info, that one was the first mentioned for free. Then I kept reading and found the $9.95 thing where they report to all 3 of the major CRA's.

AccountNow is definitely making bank on the extra 10 bucks a month. I guess if you're only using it for credit purposes then it may not be that bad an idea, but if you actually plan on using the card for making purchases then the fees are ridiculous. I posted in someone else's thread who suggested this, but they only posted once. They posted their own affiliate link.

It would be kind of cool if CIC did a chain system, where on person signs up under the next person in the topic with their referral link, but those systems end up getting messed up fast, because everyone usually only signs up under the OP, neglecting the rest of the people that posted.

That said, as far as prepaid debit cards go, it beats the hell out of Netspend from Metabank. Still not sure exactly how I feel about this though. Who does the wayner link trace back to?

The link is the guy I signed up under with my wife. When I signed up under my wife she got $20, but I never got the $10 signing up thing that she got. So I posted his link in hopes that people get their $10 thing. I have gotten a lot of help from the boards and would rather people get $10 than me make anything off this. If you look through my past posts, you will see that I am not someone who spams or promotes anything(but is a JDB lawsuit magnet). I was just sharing something that has worked for me(My wife, who I am working on her credit now).

I imagine that it isn't going to go a long way in getting a mortgage, but from my personal credit repair it helps to have something in order to get other cards or a car loan.

I wasn't trying to imply that you were spamming. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The other guy was promoting this as a totally "free" card for people who can't get a bank account.

Compared to the other crap out there in terms of starter cards (Salute and First Premier come to mind) this seems more reasonable in comparison. 10 bucks a month for a positive tradeline beats the hell out of a $250 dollar credit limit, with 200 of it taken up from account opening fees (again, see Salute and First Premier)

I think sev was actually trying to be helpful here, but the link is most definitely a referral link that gives a bonus of some sort to whoever the heck Wayner is. It could be the OP, it may not be; I'm not one to jump to conclusions.

Thanks for the heads up that it doesn't report to the big 3. Is your experience firsthand here, superbness?