strive4credit

Goodwill letter to Citibank

I have a contact list via the *.@blah blah technique. But I can also give you the names of the dummies that was saying no. How you want it? Or PM?:D

@strive4credit thanks for the response....how did you get the presidents name and email? Here is what I originally wrote, please let me know what you think I should change

Thanks again

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to you today regarding my credit card account ####-####-####-#### which I had while I was a student at the University of South Florida. The purpose of my correspondence is to see if you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies.

During the time period this account was established I was very happy with the service, I was however not the ideal customer and made mistakes with my handling of this account. I was a college student who was being careless during a family death which required me to travel out of the country and be behind my school work. I became completely stressed and overwhelmed and I temporarily quit my job and gave my credit card responsibility of a trusted family member so that I can catch up on my missed school work. Unfortunately, the person overlooked many of my payments. As a result, my payments to you were delayed. I should have kept better records regarding the account and I take full responsibility. I became aware of the unpaid balance when I got a copy of my credit report in February 2010. I also became aware that my account was closed at your request. As soon as I became aware of the balance I contacted Citi Bank and paid my balance in full.

I know that payment was my responsibility and I am not attempting to justify this breach of my user agreements, I was however hoping you might review my circumstances under which this non-payment occurred and consider removing the negative trade lines associated with this account from my three credit reports. Now that I am set to graduate, started working again, and have full control of my responsibilities, I am applying for a car loan so that I can reward myself in my undergraduate accomplishments despite my hard times. I fear that this negative listing on my credit report might prevent me from obtaining a good interest rate, or worse, prevent me from being approved for a loan. I sincerely hope that Citi Bank believes in their customers, and I humbly request your consideration in working with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports. I also would like to know if my account can be reinstated. I am willing to work out any deals such as setting up automatic bill payments, making a small down-payment, etc.

I would like to STRESS that the information currently being reported IS accurate, (I am not disputing anything with Citi Bank). I am simply asking Citi Bank for a courtesy gesture of goodwill in having the credit bureaus remove the late payments from my report. I do recognize that this request is unique and that it may not be Citi Bank’s normal policy. Please consider that the Fair Credit Reporting Act does not demand that all accounts be reported, only that any account that is reported be reported accurately. Therefore, a company does have legal discretion and permission to remove any negative data on an account it chooses from the credit report. I’m hoping that Citi Bank will do that in my case for this account.

Your kind consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated. I look forward to your response in writing.

Best regards,

strive4credit, thanks for your responses, I figured out that its actually citibank, I was just being derr about who it was lol. anyhow, I can't PM you, so I can't ask privately for who you talked to, can you send me a PM with what/who you contacted, so I can give it a shot too? I'd really really appreciate it.

Well, well, well, after days of checking my report and still seeing that 30 day late even after I received personal letters stating it would be taken care of..........today I check it and POOF! GONE!

Let's hear it for goodwill letters!:D

Once again CIC Warriors it's who the letter gets to and not necessarily the quality although that is important.:)++

This is an inspiration....I have not used a goodwill letter yet, but I plan on it as soon as I can.

Great post - thank you!

Strive4Credit, you're awesome! :mrgreen: I'm literally in the process of writing a GW to Sallie Mae and have been stressing over and over again thinking "I only have one shot". Screw this procrastination - it's headed out in the morning. Now I just have to figure out how you got the email/President's address so I can anticipate a "no" and be armed!

@fixmycr9 ....your letter needs more butter up in the beginning but its cool. If they say no....get more butter up and send it straight to the pres.

@Bob......Thanks! Let me know what happens because when it comes to student loan I am lost.

@fl4answer....Thanks and good luck!

strive4credit: thanks so much, the email list worked, "Libby" called me from the executives offices to tell me they were going to remove the 2 lates from my credit report and restore my credit line to the previous limit!

to everyone else, DON'T GIVE UP!!! I felt like I was screwed after talking directly to customer service, you CAN get things fixed though, just need to get your letter to the right office/person!

Sorry I have'nt been on in a while. But it is good to see your post Robry.

I am so glad it worked. Did you use that P.S. that I used? I call it the "Rodent Post Script" LOL!

Just wondering for everyone sending stuff: Are you guys using CMRR? I sent mine to Sallie Mae a few weeks back, (still plenty of time for them to respond), but I'm wondering if I should have sent it CMRR. I was scared of coming across too formal and wanted to be very "genuine" so I just used regular 1st class.

I never sent mine CMRRR. I emailed with return receipt. And when I sent it regular mail I just made sure I sent it to at least three people and or departments.

Thanks Strive! As of this weekend, I still haven't heard anything. :cry: But i did noticed that my reports are stating the last update status on the loans as 8/2010. Might just be the norm, but I think if it's not updated as of 09/2010 by the end of this week, I might have to send out another report.

That being said, I did notice something really interesting this morning. On TransUnion, below the "Loan Type" area, it says in red:

>Maximum delinquency of 90 or more days occurred in 06/2006 for $0<

Of the 6 loans listed as "negative", 5 of them have that. The other is dated 04/2006 for $289. Still, I might copy that and include that. Maybe it'll help my cause...:mrgreen:

Good luck, just wanted to update that my credit report no longer has the 30 and 60 day lates on my citibank account! they took care of me! awesome!!!

just keep at it, eventually someone will be able to help you!

Good job Robry. Can post a copy of the letter for our reading pleasure.

As far as my situation, I still think that P.S at the bottom of my letter killed them. What do you think?:)

Citibank

701 E 60th Street N

Sioux Falls, SD 57104-0432

Re: Acct # xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

I am writing to you today regarding my credit card account #xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx which I have had while since being employed with workplace. I originally opened my account with Littman’s to purchase my wife’s engagement ring as well as our wedding bands. The purpose of my correspondence is to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies.

During the time period this account was established I was very happy with the service, I was however not the ideal customer and made mistakes with my handling of the account. I should have kept better records regarding the account and I take full responsibility. I became aware of the unpaid balance when I got a copy of my credit report in June of 2010.

I know that payment was my responsibility and I am not attempting to justify this breach of my user agreement, I was however hoping you might review the circumstances under which this non-payment occurred and consider removing the negative trade line associated with this account from my three credit reports.

As soon as I became aware of the balance I contacted customer service and paid the $9.05 balance in full immediately. I provide this not to justify why the account was unpaid, but rather to show that the issue with not realizing I had additional interest to pay after I paid the balance off and that this is not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that Citibank is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

I would like to STRESS that the information currently being reported IS accurate, (I am not disputing anything with Citibank). I am simply asking Citibank for a courtesy gesture of goodwill in having the credit bureaus remove this account from my report. I do recognize that this request is unique and that it may not be Citibank’s normal policy. Please consider that the Fair Credit Reporting Act does not demand that all accounts be reported, only that any account that is reported be reported accurately. Therefore, a company does have legal discretion and permission to remove any account it chooses from the credit report. I'm hoping that Citibank will do that in my case for this account.

Your kind consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Robry

They just removed both lates, they did not remove the entire tradeline, so maybe you can change it, I basically took the example letter and just touched it up slightly, I didn't go all crazy.

Hi Strive,

Just got done reading your thread about Citi. I too am having issues with them. I was stoked to see that you actually got a response from them. I've already written my first letter. However, they denied my claim with the standard boilerplate response.

I have 30/60/90 days late with them because of $11 outstanding interest after I had paid off a $1200 balance in full. The account was closed because the original trade creditor is no longer in business. They never told me about that and never got any calls. Didn't know it happened until I opened my credit report one day.

I was hoping that you could send me the list of email addresses that you used to communicate with them.

I tried to PM you but I don't have enough credit to do so.

Thanks for all of your help.

Brandon

Hello, I am soooooo happy to see your post. I tried to contact homedepot/citibank about my account- the rep said there is nothing that can be done. can u please help me with e-mail addresses?

Good job Robry. Can post a copy of the letter for our reading pleasure. with

As far as my situation, I still think that P.S at the bottom of my letter killed them. What do you think?:)

Thank you so much for your posts- they having giving me hope. I am drafting a GW letter to hd/citibank- could you please provide me with your contact list for the company? Additionally, I am, attaching a copy of my letter- what do u think about it? thanks soooo much

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter to see whether Home Depot/Citibank would consider making a goodwill adjustment to the credit reporting bureaus on account number xxxxxxxxxxxx…. . I am asking whether Home Depot/Citibank would remove the adverse late payments from this account in reporting to the credit bureaus. I understand this is a rather unusual request--particularly as my account fell behind upwards of 90 days and was settled for less than the full amount.

I received the Home Depot/Citibank card in 2007, several years before I became unemployed. Later when I experienced the unemployment (in July of 2008) and while looking for a job and trying to keep abreast of all my compounding expenses, I became overwhelmed and disorganized with respect to, as you saw, making timely payments to Home Depot/Citibank . I was very embarrassed and did not know how to ask for help. I fully recognize my responsibility with respect to the payable account and have worked diligently to rehabilitate my relationship with Home Depot/Citibank since that time.

I recently had a baby girl (a huge wakeup call) and now fully understand the importance of credit. This account has been paid; additionally this account is now up to date removing the late payment from this account would really help me reestablish my financial life

If what I am asking is too much, then any goodwill adjustment to the reporting bureaus would be most appreciated.

Regardless of your decision, please know that I thank you in advance for your consideration regarding this matter and I hope to do business with Home Depot/Citibank again.

Thank You,

I didnt check cic in a while. If you still need it, I got you. Let me know.

I am so glad to find this forum and especially this thread! :)++

I need addresses(email, snail mail)/contact names to send a goodwill letter to at Citibank regarding my CitiHealthcard/Mastercard. I am glad to see that some have found recent success with them and hope I do as well. I will post results as they happen.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm new. :) If you could pm me the info for Citi bank too I would really appreciate it. I have a few lates I'd love to have removed.

i would appreciate a pm for citibank contact info as well since i have a few lates that i would love to have removed as well as a result of a job loss...i have paid off my debt to them so hopefully they will listen....thanks!