strive4credit

Goodwill letter to Citibank

Those Citibank contacts still work.

I emailed the same people with a new issue and I got about 5 calls from different reps.

I finally returned a call to one of them and at the end of the conversation he pleaded with me to call him if I have any other issues. "Because when those emails get to those execs everybody goes crazy" he said. LOL!!!:D

Those Citibank contacts still work.

I emailed the same people with a new issue and I got about 5 calls from different reps.

I finally returned a call to one of them and at the end of the conversation he pleaded with me to call him if I have any other issues. "Because when those emails get to those execs everybody goes crazy" he said. LOL!!!:D

i didnt get a response from anybody off that email list....

Recently received a phone call from ExxonMobil/Citibank about an outstanding balance of 12.79 that was 90 days late. I thought I paid the balance off last October and did not realize there was a interest charge on the balance. The email statements I received did not show the balance owed( just said log on to check you balance) so I assumed it was at 0. My mistake I know :( I am now in the process of trying to get a goodwill adjustment and have had no luck when talking to ExxonMobil(although I have been a good customer for 16 years).

I am now going to Citibank to see about the goodwill adjustment. Could someone please PM me any information they have on contact email addresses, phone numbers, and addresses? I would really appreciate it :)

Hi strive4credit,

I'm in a bit of trouble with my credit score and came across this thread while searching online. And I can really use your help.

Basically, my wife and I are closing on our first home in 3 weeks, and my credit score dropped significantly, down to a 593. I no longer qualify for the FHA loan I was pre-approved for.

To put a long story short, 3 1/2 years ago, I co-signed for a home equity loan for my dad. He had setup an automatic debit on his checking account, as well as had overdraft protection on it, so he would never be late. He filed for bankruptcy last year, and this January 2011, Citi cancelled the automatic debit, and since he was out of the country, he did not realize it wasn't paid. It was 30 days past due, and that's what all the credit bureaus are reporting and what's caused my credit score to drop, since I was a co-signer.

Do you think Citibank would remove the 30 days past due negative mark from my credit report if I wrote a goodwill letter? And do you have any contacts I can use? We have been waiting for this house for the last 8 months, and I feel like it's slipping through our fingers.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

So you didnt send a snail mail to Citi about your Home Depot cc ? I didnt know if the emails would work . I have 1 that Im wanting to send a PFD too , would you do it in an email ? If you have any addys I want them too

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to this forum, but am in a similar situation with a closed citibank credit card. strive4credit, can you please PM contacts on who I can email? Thanks in advance.

Did anyone have luck with Wells Fargo with the "goodwill" letter? I'm suppose to close on a house in 3 weeks and a late payment was posted to my credit report, which dropped my score 67 points and I need to get it back up for final approval of my loan.