OZZIE69

Portfolio Recovery - Crap1

On July 12 I sent letter stating "You have not properly validated this debt and I am closing file". They received July 16. Have not heard from them since. Is there anything thing else I should be doing now. I am wondering where debt is now and what is status. Should I even care???

Thanks

On your local court.If there is an online database,check it daily,weekly monthly:whatever your comfort level can tolerate.

JDB's do sewer service all the time.It's an abuse of process that is SOP with these assholes.

good luck.

I don't know about the Michigan law, but what is it you need validation of? You admit this is your debt. You don't seem to dispute teh amount. Only that Portfolio owns it?? Seems to me they conformed to the fed FDCPA, unfortunately. You don't gt more than what they have, which is normally little. I hope somewhere in your letters you told them it wasn't your card or debt or someting other than " send me the following", for simply saying you want stuff without giving them an indication of why is , imo, frivilous

Per Michigan collection laws they have not validated debt.

What I am really asking is, I thought I read somewhere since they have not validated debt then they should not be showing up on my credit report. They were on report in June but I have not pulled since then.

I've been fighting with them to properly validate a debt they put on my credit report. No luck so far and I have had no luck getting it removed by disputing with the CRA's.

I received a letter from them yesterday and today I have sent my DV letter cmrrr. And for the last month I've been receiving similar letters from 2 other creditors. I guess the reason for this is, I filed a 13 and was able to modify my mortgage so I had the 13 dismissed. Now I notice these creeps are coming out of left field for debts I've never had or ones that are over 10 years old.

That's ok though, I'm ready to fire up my printer the moment I receive their notices. I have a stack of green cards and the post office is right around the corner :D

What I am really asking is, I thought I read somewhere since they have not validated debt then they should not be showing up on my credit report. They were on report in June but I have not pulled since then.

I'm not sure that they can't show up on your CR. I believe the law is that they cannot continue to report or update the debt.

Check your CR again. If it were me, I'd send them AND the CRAs a letter stating they haven't validated per Michigan law and demand the TL be removed. If there's no action, prepare a Complaint. Send them a copy with an ITS. See if that gets their attention.

If they don't respond to that, file the Complaint.

You're correct.