IS there a list anywhere on this form of the worst CAs to deal with?

tx3amigos

Is there a thread of the worst of the worst CAs to deal with.

I have 2 collections with NCO. I was hoping to do a "pay to delete" with them. Just read a recent thread that said NCO was a "bad seed" and will NOT contact you with letters or calls but they go directly to court summons. If this is true, I may just try and agree to settle...and not get them mad.

Also seems from what I've read, that Capitol One likes to sue everyone. It seems like about 40% of the threads have to do with Cap 1 sueing someone.

So... from others experience, which OC or CAs should you just deal with instead of DV-ing them and ending up in court?

Bud Hibbs has a "Worst Collectors" list on his website, www.budhibbs.com. NCO has prominent place on it.

IMHO, all CA's should be dealt with by DV'ing them. You can always decide later to negotiate a settlement to avoid court if they demonstrate they have good documents.

Interesting note: Despite their reputation, NCO proved to be the biggest pushovers among my wife's collectors. After the DV letter, they sent a nice letter saying they were closing the account, and they were never heard from again.

Good luck,

DH